One Eye on the Job, One Eye on the Helper

addcut

2 years ago my helper was texting the addresses we dropped packages to his buddies in a car nearby. I caught on tried not to seem alarmed dropped his butt off and called LP

O

OLDMAN3

Call the police after you circle back and casually get the licence number. 20 years ago the idiots were following me and steeling the DRs. Cops caught them with over 20 packages.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Imagine if she had a golf cart route I bring a Uhaul full of goodies to. Then again, I'm not the one who put them through an extensive background check and multiple interviews, oh wait.

WorknLateHuh

Well in his defense... he probably thought the rules were similar to our hub. As a helper, mngment will let them pick 1 pkg out of the truck per week if their attendance/performance is satisfactory

Sorry ma'am, your flatscreen was given to my helper... he did a really good job last wk.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's kind of scary to think that, what if they didn't do a background check on a helper and he was a serial rapist, who ended up with a female driver.
:(

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
<Mine has no reason to be in the back unless hes helping me get a 150 pound eliptical out, or some other monstrosity.
H will not steal from me and he wont have the chance.
I buy his lunch and I tipped him Friday night. Hes a struggling college kid, with kids, and he works hard and I know hes hurting to the first check.
I took the time to train him day one since I was promised I would have the same one every day. Even if I dont have him he knows pretty much how to run the board. I have to stay on him about safety, because he thinks hes invincible, we have all been there. Dispatch sucks, the size of packages suck, and I am glad they sent Orion to mars. And I got 60 hrs.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wont work with someone if I cant trust them.

Keeping a helper locked out of the back, or monitoring their texts out of fear that they might steal something is not conducive to a good working relationship.

I dont work for Loss Prevention and it isnt my job to determine whether or not the helper is a thief. Its up to LP and Human Resources to screen these people. I have enough to deal with during a 60 hr week on car.

That being said, if I ever did catch my helper in the act of stealing something, he would wind up with a broken nose and a few missing teeth due to "accidentally" falling out of the truck.

oldngray

nowhere special
A laptop is big enough to be easily noticed but smaller items like phones or especially meds are much higher risk if you have a bad helper. I agree that helpers should be screened to weed out the trouble makers but realistically that is impossible. I would watch a new helper for a while to see if he seems to be trustworthy but eventually you have to just let him do what he is being paid to do while you are busy doing other things. I was usually more concerned about a helper delivering to the wrong house than trying to steal something. Incompetence is far more common than attempted theft.

YoshiGreen

My driver leaves the door open sometimes when he makes a stop and leaves me in there. I just keep my seatbelt on and I never ever take my phone out when I'm working. I'm more of the "been seen not heard" person and just do what I'm told to do. We get along pretty good. But it's sad some people try to steal packages and that.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wont work with someone if I cant trust them.

Keeping a helper locked out of the back, or monitoring their texts out of fear that they might steal something is not conducive to a good working relationship.

I dont work for Loss Prevention and it isnt my job to determine whether or not the helper is a thief. Its up to LP and Human Resources to screen these people. I have enough to deal with during a 60 hr week on car.

That being said, if I ever did catch my helper in the act of stealing something, he would wind up with a broken nose and a few missing teeth due to "accidentally" falling out of the truck.

go get em tiger:

Last edited:

Notcool

First time past week I've ever been a helper because I want to see what it's like to drive. 8 year pter. Its fun. I never bring a bag only a Mt dew. I make sure I'm never in the drivers way and move fast as possible. The driver yesterday his normal helper didn't show so they called me. We knocked the deliveries out I jogged all the residential. Not a problem I'm in good shape do alot of cardio and lifting. He said if I hadn't came to help he'd been fd. He said he will request me here on out. Just made me want to be a driver even more I want their pay check. I just don't see how drivers remember all the streets and house numbers. Like wow he new every stop, every number lol. That's my fear not being able to find a house quickly and some had no house number wtf

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would have messaged the center to try to collect the reward money they have posted. Let them come out with the police in tow.