One hour lunches?

By The Book

I take what adds up to a full hour everyday. Monday i was covering a route that had 85 buisness stops (including bulk) and two big apt complexes with an office that closes at 5. So I took it late.

Some days I take it early. Just depends.
There it is, you take your lunch outside the contractual times.....stop doing that. If you need help ask for help. I don't care what they say.

I take my hour every day. My sup knows I do and knows if over dispatched there will be missed packages. So I'm not over dispatched very often on businesses at all which makes my dispatch predictable and less stressful.

UPSGUY72

Here in Nor Cal per the contract we have to take a hour lunch which many don't like to do. Many have been taking a half hour because our management tells us we need to take a hour but doesn't care when you take it, most take at the end of the day. Per the contract we need to take it between the 4th and 6th hour. I personally like a half hour to get off earlier.
How can they discipline the drivers for taking less than a hour when it's ok for the others that are taking a full hour lunch but not between the 4th and 6th hour per the contract. Our management would have to run more routes if we all took our lunches between the 4th and 6th because all the business wouldn't get delivered. I will continue to take a half hour until they fix or we can take it up at panel!

Take your lunch per the contract. Your don't get to decide which part of the contract you follow. The panel can't change the contract... The out come is that everyone is going to be forced to take there lunch and those that choose not will be disciplined.

By The Book

Sometimes I call and they will take a few pick ups but too many on 9.5 to help.
So they are telling you that there are too many on the 9.5 list so there's no help? Bout time to get on the 9.5 list. Keep hours for what route you were on and hours worked each day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Take your lunch per the contract. Your don't get to decide which part of the contract you follow. The panel can't change the contract... The out come is that everyone is going to be forced to take there lunch and those that choose not will be disciplined.

Remind us again how many times you didn't take your full lunch.

Mst3k

Reread your contract....it's in there.
"I believe that it is you who needs to reread the contact

SECTION 3 - LUNCH PERIOD

The lunch period shall not be less than one- half (1/2) hour or more than one (1) hour in duration. The lunch period shall commence not less than four (4) hours after the employee starts work, and shall be completed no later than six (6) hours after the commencement of the employee’s work. If the employee is directed to take a one- half (1/2) hour lunch, the remaining one- half (1/2) hour will be paid at the over-time rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

SECTION 3 - LUNCH PERIOD

The lunch period shall not be less than one- half (1/2) hour or more than one (1) hour in duration. The lunch period shall commence not less than four (4) hours after the employee starts work, and shall be completed no later than six (6) hours after the commencement of the employee’s work. If the employee is directed to take a one- half (1/2) hour lunch, the remaining one- half (1/2) hour will be paid at the over-time rate.

Is that in the master or your supplement?

UPSGUY72

Remind us again how many times you didn't take your full lunch.

I never didn't follow what I was instructed to do. I also never got a warning letter or was called into the office for anything. It's amazing what happens when you follow instructions and do the job like your suppose to.

By The Book

SECTION 3 - LUNCH PERIOD

The sort rider(blue) is for part time employees! Read article 22 section 5 in the supplement(tan section). This is the language for drivers.

Mst3k

The sort rider(blue) is for part time employees! Read article 22 section 5 in the supplement(tan section). This is the language for drivers.

Still see a half hour meal option on article 22 section 2

SECTION 2 - PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS

(a) The regular scheduled workday shall consist of eight (8) con- secutive hours, with an established start time excluding a non-paid meal period of either one half (1/2) or one (1) hour. The regular scheduled work week shall consist of ve (5) consecutive eight 40 (8) hour days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday, subject to the provisions of (b) below

Last edited:

By The Book

Still see a half hour meal option on article 22 section 2

SECTION 2 - PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS

(a) The regular scheduled workday shall consist of eight (8) con- secutive hours, with an established start time excluding a non-paid meal period of either one half (1/2) or one (1) hour. The regular scheduled work week shall consist of ve (5) consecutive eight 40 (8) hour days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday, subject to the provisions of (b) below
All I said was its in there. Now I don't know to what benefit it is for this language to be added into this contract. The language is and has always been in there before( tan section ) that read like the sort rider language you posted earlier.

trickpony1

I never didn't follow what I was instructed to do. I also never got a warning letter or was called into the office for anything. It's amazing what happens when you follow instructions and do the job like your suppose to.

"never didn't" is a double negative.

You're is a contraction of the words "you" and "are".

I know it's difficult.