One hour lunches?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Are you saying that even though there is language that says to take a 30 min lunch, and state law is 30 min lunch, that the driver isn't required to take a 30 min lunch before 8 hours?
You are misinformed. I am unaware of your state or there laws. But I know as a fact of locals that have an agreement in place that only require taking a 1 minute lunch, and no laws in said state against such....

By The Book

You are misinformed. I am unaware of your state or there laws. But I know as a fact of locals that have an agreement in place that only require taking a 1 minute lunch, and no laws in said state against such....
I'm only referring to California law. I am not misinformed with regards to my contract. As for what you know of other locals, I can't speak to that. I do know that UPS contracts have to comply with applicable state laws. It's up to the company to enforce the lunches, and the union reacts to that.

I agree. We have a ton of 1 minute lunch guys. It's because of the California lawsuit. I don't have a link but it's legit. I don't agree with taking a 1 minute lunch but it is what it is.

By The Book

I agree. We have a ton of 1 minute lunch guys. It's because of the California lawsuit. I don't have a link but it's legit. I don't agree with taking a 1 minute lunch but it is what it is.
So they take a 1 minute lunch because they will be paid back for the 59 minutes they didn't take? I really haven't heard of many states that have a 1 minute requirement for a lunch. Kind of hard to justify putting in routes when this happens.

So they take a 1 minute lunch because they will be paid back for the 59 minutes they didn't take? I really haven't heard of many states that have a 1 minute requirement for a lunch. Kind of hard to justify putting in routes when this happens.
Say you start at 9:05 and you take a 1 minute lunch your eight is up at 5:06. It is a route killer but making guys take the lunch is a whole other animal.

By The Book

Say you start at 9:05 and you take a 1 minute lunch your eight is up at 5:06. It is a route killer but making guys take the lunch is a whole other animal.
What is the language on this issue? Does it comply with state law? If lunches are not being taken according to state laws(minimum time take) it just takes a call to the right place.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Let me give you an example , your on 9.5 list , you stop at the McDonald's at 1:30 for lunch, no line , eat your mc double and mc chicken , in 15 minutes. You put in your 2 paid 10 minute breaks and 1 minute for lunch and you still have 6 minutes left over to stare at the 20 year old McDonalds chick working the counter.....instead of having to be back by 7:05 you now have to be back by 6:35 to be under 9.5....

Future

Victory Ride
Let me give you an example , your on 9.5 list , you stop at the McDonald's at 1:30 for lunch, no line , eat your mc double and mc chicken , in 15 minutes. You put in your 2 paid 10 minute breaks and 1 minute for lunch and you still have 6 minutes left over to stare at the 20 year old McDonalds chick working the counter.....
Pervert

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lots of places it's a 30 minute lunch, not 60........