One Issue

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by feeder53, Jun 26, 2008.

1. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

If you could address the highest level of management with one issue, what would it be?
  2. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

How we stopped providing excellent service to our customers. We now supply mediocre service.
  4. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

Employee morale. Why is there such a level of distrust between mgmt and employees?:dissapointed:
  5. pretzel_man

pretzel_man Well-Known Member

What do you think our on time frequency is? What % of packages are delivered on the correct day and time?

Did you know that UPS measures every pacakge for service and visibility? When a service failure is found, its charged to the appropriate operation.

6. thom1842

thom1842 New Member

P-500s without power steering and 3-point belts.
  7. sx2700

sx2700 Banned

How about service to the employees. Try a little respect for starters.
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Actually PMan, I refer to our service since PAS. I remember when the customer knew what time it was, not by their watch, but by seeing the UPS driver walk thru their door. Now many of our customers have no idea when we'll show up. (We don't either!). I realize this doesn't affect time in transit. As long as it shows up before they close, it's on time!

I also realize it's something we had to give up to stay profitable, but it's still sad.
  9. pretzel_man

pretzel_man Well-Known Member

So, your concern is not meeting the commit day/time, but servicing commercial customers in the morning?

10. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

We show up just before closing time adding a day to the customers "Transit Time".
  11. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Too many to choose but I'd start with Management-Employee relations
  12. Forty6and2

Forty6and2 I'm Broken

giving drivers a fair amount of work everyday instead of too much
  13. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

I would hope that there is a small chance that some of the ideas on this site get through to the top and use the info for the good of UPS....Not me or anyone else because we are all UPS.
  14. freeloader

freeloader geek

As hopeful as you are, I doubt any of this gets anywhere near any c-level execs. It's probably on the list of sites that are monitored regularly by some weenies in the legal department though.

If I had anything to say to the big guys, I would only say it for the sake of personal satisfaction because lord knows they wouldn't act on it.
  15. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

The S#$%%Y uniforms from Twin Hill.
  16. But Benefits Are Great!

But Benefits Are Great! Just Words On A Screen

Please clean the bathrooms. Please. As a guy, it has to be pretty bad to be afraid of a urinal, for God's sake.
  17. outamyway

outamyway New Member

The porters(janitors) here get $25/hr. You'd think they'd be cleaner.
  18. outamyway

outamyway New Member

Why are there more belt and part time sups on this belt than preloaders?
  19. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

How about having sales reps that actually get back to the customer with answers to their questions within 24 hours.
  20. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling what Over9.5 is trying to say is that customers, once upon a time, knew exactly when the UPS man was going to walk through the door with their delivery. Didnt have to be in the morning, just consistent day to day. That was/is a big deal to customers. Anymore there is no telling what time we will show up. Could be 10am, could be 3pm, could be 5 minutes before closing time.