One Large Step, Eh?

vantexan

As far as the mechanics and their unionizing effort, FedEx found some money to make them happy. Remember when we hourly drivers lost our 2nd, and 3rd shift differential payments??? The mechanics kept theirs, AND they got a nice raise to go with it, along with keeping their jumpseat privileges that we lost, they got theirs back. That made enough of the mechanics happy, so if there had been a vote, FedEx would have won it.
And if Freight gets a union couriers will probably have something else cut. The only thing IMO that might finally light a fire under couriers to get a vote is FedEx might finally go one step too far. Considering how far they've gone I doubt it'll happen. Senior couriers are for the most part satisfied with their lot, newhires often don't stick around, and many in the midrange are too scared of losing their jobs to try anything.

Bound2Drive

Work hard, then work harder.
I'm a road driver for FedEx Freight, I pull doubles from terminal to terminal so I get to hear about what is going on at each one. It is definitely happening. It will just take some time for the next domino to fall and each time one opens up to the union the next will be easier. So many non-union meetings going on fueled by Smith. We just have to join forces and stick together. Once Freight turns it is bound to happen to Express.

Sent using BrownCafe App