One-Last-Battle...

AlwaysChafed

Can I grieve an non rehire able status? I'm still working here, staying my full two weeks after my notice, and then I'm told I can never work here again once it's all over. How is this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you have any intention of every working here again or do you just want to have that option available to you?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to grieve it but I would sit down with my sup before putting pen to paper and ask him/her pointblank why the no-rehire status. They may end up telling you something that you may not want to hear.

AlwaysChafed

Do you have any intention of every working here again or do you just want to have that option available to you?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to grieve it but I would sit down with my sup before putting pen to paper and ask him/her pointblank why the no-rehire status. They may end up telling you something that you may not want to hear.

I've heard worse things from them. They're just pissed I'm constantly in the contract book.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Can I grieve an non rehire able status? I'm still working here, staying my full two weeks after my notice, and then I'm told I can never work here again once it's all over. How is this?

Worth a shot, but I hope you're not banking on winning it. Re-hire status is probably non-arbitrable. If/when I ever leave, the company is probably going to burn my employee record and put me down as a "SHOOT ON SIGHT."

Johney

Why waste your time and others time. Even if you were to win the grievance and happen to apply again I bet they still wouldn't rehire you. How would you ever really know?

UPSGUY72

You can't not grieve a no-rehire status. Once you quit UPS doesn't have to rehire you whether your on the list or not there is nothing to grieve. The OP doesn't have a right to work at UPS again if UPS doesn't want to hire him.

Also the OP only knows he might be on the list because someone told him he can't work there again after he/she quits. He might not be on any list, someone might have just told him that to see what kind of reaction they would get.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can I grieve an non rehire able status?

No.

Do you know what article it should be under?

It is not a violation of the contract.

There is no Article.

They're just pissed I'm constantly in the contract book.
I threw my book away two weeks ago.

That was a little premature.

As previously mentioned.... it is available online.

You can't not grieve a no-rehire status. Once you quit UPS doesn't have to rehire you whether your on the list or not there is nothing to grieve. The OP doesn't have a right to work at UPS again if UPS doesn't want to hire him.

Also the OP only knows he might be on the list because someone told him he can't work there again after he/she quits. He might not be on any list, someone might have just told him that to see what kind of reaction they would get.

^^^^

I am always intrigued.... by these type of posts.

Kind of like thinking "the grass is always greener.... "

What is even funnier....

That someone would want to come back, and start at zero.

-Bug-

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Why waste your time and others time. Even if you were to win the grievance and happen to apply again I bet they still wouldn't rehire you. How would you ever really know?

Ha! True. I could see the guy getting the "non rehire removed" from file. UPS would have this as the top page of his past work file:

As directed by the arbitrator, Alwayschafed is now officially removed from the no-rehire status, against UPS's wishes.

10 point

They want to fire the guy who hired me.
I'd like to be able to fire the sup that trained me.
The HR lady that actually hired me is a nice person and has always been professional when I've seen her from time to time.

We have had great HR personnel in our district...mostly.

10 point

If you quit they may rehire you as a sup. I've seen the company hire hard core union folks back as management because they have backbone.

It doesn't always work out real well tho.