one more chicken update

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by solitarysiren, Oct 10, 2007.

1. solitarysiren

solitarysiren Happiness in Slavery...

for anyone who is interested in how my chick has is a pic.

yep, he's a rooster!
  2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I wish he was ceramic....he'd look good in my kitchen. Handsome fellow !!
  3. solitarysiren

I know, I thought the same thing when I saw the pic. He should have napkins sticking out of his back or something, lol.
  4. 30andout

30andout New Member

WOW, looks good enough to eat.
  5. solitarysiren

he's not as fat as he looks; alot of that is plumage. Anyway, I hear roosters aren't that good.
  6. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Is that chicken on your couch?
  7. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

About 15 years ago we got a couple of Easter chicks from my daughter's pre-school. One turned out to be a hen and one was a rooster.

Our rooster was a beautiful big red one. He became so mean and aggressive we sometimes had to carry an umbrella to walk by him to avoid being jumped on. He eventually killed the hen and then would attack us whenever he felt like it

The coyotes ate him a couple of years later while we were on vacation in Hawaii and ,while I was really sad for my daughter, in the back of my mind I was relieved not to have to worry that he would come out of nowhere when I parked my car outside...
  8. solitarysiren

lol, yeah, he's actually sitting on my fiance's leg, who is lying on the couch. I have some pretty funny pics with him on my shoulder and such. the chicken, i mean, not my fiance. he's a house chicken alright! I keep outside for the most part, but he's usually free to come inside. he sleeps inside, too, but in his cage.
  9. OldUPSDriver

OldUPSDriver New Member

My super ceramic chicken
  10. solitarysiren

lol, that's great. my chicken would love to fight him.