One of Our old Trucks?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
There was a time when vehicles were sold. People didnt see the new company logo, all people seen was the UPS brown. I have no idea when that was, but it makes sense.
Now there are ridiculous, but very real, litigation risks at prevent them from being sold.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Going to be moving my daughter to Denver at the end of May. Think it's worthwhile asking my boss if I can use on of their old trucks for a few days?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Basically everything you said here is incorrect...

If you're not in management you should definitely look into it with your excellent people skills.

I'll get you the bulletin # that outlines everything I mentioned.

Granted, we used to have an "ADA list" which is now called the "VEM list" so I thought it replaced the term ADA.

We used to drain the fluids, remove batteries, paint over logos, remove tires, etc... Now a guy comes with a wrecker and takes it without any of that being done.

So "basically" everything I said was accurate besides the abbreviations ADA and VEM.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Our disposal prep work gets farmed out nowadays. We just pirate whatever parts we can when we know they have been approved to get the axe, before they get taken away.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Going to be moving my daughter to Denver at the end of May. Think it's worthwhile asking my boss if I can use on of their old trucks for a few days?
th

Tiny Panda

Found a few more

10356_700w.jpg

That one i posted earlier again

1983-UPS-van.jpg

4009_700w.jpg

3299_700w.jpg

These were the only package cars that UPS bought "off the shelf" around 2000

MERCEDES%20VAN%20512-1.jpg

Although we scrapped ours a year or so ago you can still find them for sale in Europe as other companies bought some