One Solution To The Gay Marriage Issue

wkmac

WK, i love you for the coyote you are.

But, you didn't answer my question.

Oh I answered it. Maybe you didn't like the answer but I did answer it.
;)

As to being a coyote, there may be some truth to that as my wife can attest. About 20 years ago I sat down and over a 30 minute period got a wild coyote to come to me and let me pet him. Friendly sort he was. My wife thought I was crazy and probably am but I did it. 1982' stroked the back of a 12 foot gator in the middle of the Okefenokee swamp so you can call me Gator too!
;)

bbsam

Staff member
This is where it usually seems to go with wk and anarchists. Eventually at some magic moment millions of people will become fed up, throw off the yoke of democratic oppression and the true invisible had of economic justice will lead. There really is no endgame because (as far as I can tell) it's based on people making rational long term decisions.

wkmac

This is where it usually seems to go with wk and anarchists. Eventually at some magic moment millions of people will become fed up, throw off the yoke of democratic oppression and the true invisible had of economic justice will lead. There really is no endgame because (as far as I can tell) it's based on people making rational long term decisions.

bbsam and brown,

I can assure you both that what I think and what I say not only has no endgame but for you, it will never, ever work. There is no magic moment, no such mass conversion, you will never live so long as to see it even if you hit triple digits. I can completely assure you of that. If you fear the masses, what you have now may be the best you will ever have. This also means that the ideal that "all mean are equal" is false as in order to maintain such society, some men will need to be more equal in order to rule while other men will be less equal to serve. That is how this whole thing works.

Now just relax, enjoy life and on those days when you are summoned for your various civic duties, perform them with zeal and just know this is civilization at it's perfection.
:peaceful:

BrownArmy

Here's a bit from Clarence (Uncle) Thomas' dissent in the 'gay marriage' ruling:

The corollary of that principle is that human dignity cannot be taken away by the government,” he writes. “Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them. And those denied governmental benefits certainly do not lose their dignity because the government denies them those benefits. The government cannot bestow dignity, and it cannot take it away.”

I'm filing this under: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt"?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here's a bit from Clarence (Uncle) Thomas' dissent in the 'gay marriage' ruling:

The corollary of that principle is that human dignity cannot be taken away by the government,” he writes. “Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them. And those denied governmental benefits certainly do not lose their dignity because the government denies them those benefits. The government cannot bestow dignity, and it cannot take it away.”

I'm filing this under: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt"?

Clarence is a complete idiot.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam and brown,

I can assure you both that what I think and what I say not only has no endgame but for you, it will never, ever work. There is no magic moment, no such mass conversion, you will never live so long as to see it even if you hit triple digits. I can completely assure you of that. If you fear the masses, what you have now may be the best you will ever have. This also means that the ideal that "all mean are equal" is false as in order to maintain such society, some men will need to be more equal in order to rule while other men will be less equal to serve. That is how this whole thing works.

Now just relax, enjoy life and on those days when you are summoned for your various civic duties, perform them with zeal and just know this is civilization at it's perfection.
:peaceful:
Perfection? No. Civilization is as it has always been. Kingdom, fiefdom, slavery, democracy...put any term you want on it but deviations in social "order" are in small increments. Anarchy may be the wet dream that claims a break from historical norms but it is no less deluded than any other.

BrownArmy

I hold that we can move, however incrementally, toward a more just society. While on a certain level I agree with WK, I'll still say, "ain't nothing got done by doing nothing!"

Sportello

I hold that we can move, however incrementally, toward a more just society. While on a certain level I agree with WK, I'll still say, "ain't nothing got done by doing nothing!"
Yes. We all have to work within the framework we have.

Anarchy is the lack of framework.