One Solution To The Gay Marriage Issue

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...l-face-boycott-ted-cruz-meeting-with-ted-cruz

The owners of gay hotel and wedding spot The OUT sparked outrage and a boycott after meeting with Republican presidential hopeful Senator Ted Cruz Monday.

Co-owners Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass, who also own a large stake in gay beach resort the Fire Island Pines, faced mounting criticism both online and from hotel clients after the meeting.

AIDS charity Broadway Cares canceled a May 10 event set to be held at the hotel's club, 42 West, because of the meeting, they said in a release.

"We cannot in good conscience hold an event at a venue whose owners have alienated our community," they said in a statement.

A Facebook campaign boycotting the pair's properties had garnered over 4,500 supporters by Friday, and called the meeting with Cruz "a devastating blow to the community."

"We spent most of the time talking about national security issues and in particular the challenges regarding the defense of Israel to ISIS and Iran-- these are the only issues where we found common ground," Weiderpass said.

Atomic_Smurf

If conservatives want government out of our personal lives so much, why do they insist on sticking their noses into same sex marriage?
You could also say "If liberals want government out of our personal lives so much, why do they insist on sticking their noses into traditional marriage." It is the left after all that is creating the fight to change existing laws, divide Americans & gain politically, not visa versa.

wkmac

Is Alabama on the issue of marriage going "Back to the Future?" Prior to state issued and mandatory marriage license, marriage was a common law action where in many cases a contract was attached. I applaud Alabama in taking a very "progressive" and yet ironically a very "traditionalist" approach to this ever growing political and social problem.

Be interesting to watch so-called "limited state" conservatives to see if they hold to the idea of limited state or does their desire for bedroom meddling based on Bronze Age Bedouin religious traditions get in the way. And in the case of so-called "progressives" if they are willing to give away a plank in their political agenda in exchange for all people to have the right to contract a lifestyle they FREELY form for THEMSELVES? Amazing how what seems 2 opposite sides in the final analyst are in truth just alike. Dominant and authoritarian!

Go Bama, Roll Tide! ;)

Bill scrapping marriage licenses hits Alabama House after passing Senate

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's amazing to me when the same-sex marriages fail and the couple are all bent out of shape....."What do you mean I have to give up half my stuff?" You wanted marriage....you got it baby!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.

Gay and lesbian couples already could marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court's 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage.

The ruling will not take effect immediately because the court gives the losing side roughly three weeks to ask for reconsideration. But some state officials and county clerks might decide there is little risk in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

This is a major victory for <3% of the population .
I can see Divorce lawyers celebrating this ruling .

moreluck

golden ticket member
The lawyers are rejoicing over this. If you get married....you have to divorce to walk away and lose half your stuff.
Be careful what you wish for.......

I'm not against same sex marriage....I'm against calling it "marriage".......pure semantics.

wkmac

Also a windfall for fundamentalist christianity. I'm sure Anne Graham Lotz can pack this into her current "End Times" narrative she's shoving to try to make popular.

I miss Hal Lindsey because at least he could come up with a movie to scare the hell out of you. Made for great dystopian theater.
;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also a windfall for fundamentalist christianity. I'm sure Anne Graham Lotz can pack this into her current "End Times" narrative she's shoving to try to make popular.

I miss Hal Lindsey because at least he could come up with a movie to scare the hell out of you. Made for great dystopian theater.
;)
My first thought was....what does Barney Miller have to do with this??? Ha Ha!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.

Gay and lesbian couples already could marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court's 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage.

The ruling will not take effect immediately because the court gives the losing side roughly three weeks to ask for reconsideration. But some state officials and county clerks might decide there is little risk in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

This is a major victory for <3% of the population .
I can see Divorce lawyers celebrating this ruling .
A hell of alot more than 3% believes that no one should be discriminated against because of sexual orientation.
I will never need the right to marry another man personally, but I applaud this ruling regardless.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A hell of alot more than 3% believes that no one should be discriminated against because of sexual orientation.
I will never need the right to marry another man personally, but I applaud this ruling regardless.
It's suppose to be the states that decide their marriage laws for themselves......to regulate it federally doesn't seem right.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
there are more important things going on in this country that needs to be addressed than this.

don't bother quoting or replying to this post because it is my FINAL word on this subject and I wont bother revisiting this thread.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The gay population in this country equals less than 3 % .
So a minority group now gets to force their perversion onto the majority .

bbsam

Staff member
there are more important things going on in this country that needs to be addressed than this.

don't bother quoting or replying to this post because it is my FINAL word on this subject and I wont bother revisiting this thread.
Just 'cuz you said not to.;)

bbsam

Staff member
The gay population in this country equals less than 3 % .
So a minority group now gets to force their perversion onto the majority .
What are they going to do? Knock down your door, put a ring on your finger and sodomize you while screaming wedding vows at you? Look on the bright side; maybe they'll bring fine champagne for the wedding toast.