One Solution To The Gay Marriage Issue

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's suppose to be the states that decide their marriage laws for themselves......to regulate it federally doesn't seem right.
When state "regulations" deny one class of people a right that is afforded to others, then those regulations ought to be struck down.

soberups

there are more important things going on in this country that needs to be addressed than this.

don't bother quoting or replying to this post because it is my FINAL word on this subject and I wont bother revisiting this thread.
You might feel differently if you had a child or other family member who was gay.

soberups

The gay population in this country equals less than 3 % .
So a minority group now gets to force their perversion onto the majority .
I woke up in bed with my wife this morning, and we were both still heterosexual and happily married. I suspect the same is true for you. If you don't believe in gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person. Its really that simple.

tourists24

Is Alabama on the issue of marriage going "Back to the Future?" Prior to state issued and mandatory marriage license, marriage was a common law action where in many cases a contract was attached. I applaud Alabama in taking a very "progressive" and yet ironically a very "traditionalist" approach to this ever growing political and social problem.

Be interesting to watch so-called "limited state" conservatives to see if they hold to the idea of limited state or does their desire for bedroom meddling based on Bronze Age Bedouin religious traditions get in the way. And in the case of so-called "progressives" if they are willing to give away a plank in their political agenda in exchange for all people to have the right to contract a lifestyle they FREELY form for THEMSELVES? Amazing how what seems 2 opposite sides in the final analyst are in truth just alike. Dominant and authoritarian!

Go Bama, Roll Tide! ;)

Bill scrapping marriage licenses hits Alabama House after passing Senate
It's going to be interesting that even if it passes if it will be allowed to happen

Catatonic

Nine Lives
there are more important things going on in this country that needs to be addressed than this.

don't bother quoting or replying to this post because it is my FINAL word on this subject and I wont bother revisiting this thread.
Who cares if you reply you :censored3: :censored2: beech! :teethy:

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
The court can force governments to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
The court or government cannot force an individual or church to recognize it as marriage.
Nothing wrong with that.

I find it funny that some people/businesses wouldn't do gay weddings. If I were a baker or photographer, I'd be advertising something to the effect that I don't care who you're banging for the next 30 years; let's do business.

Sportello

The court can force governments to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
The court or government cannot force an individual or church to recognize it as marriage.
Yep. It's a legal thing. Why should a life partner be denied the same rights a married couple, or immediate family has?

That, and other things.

Sportello

Nothing wrong with that.

I find it funny that some people/businesses wouldn't do gay weddings. If I were a baker or photographer, I'd be advertising something to the effect that I don't care who you're banging for the next 30 years; let's do business.
In my experience, the Gays have better parties than the Poors.