One stop or two?

Walk the line

If a valid delivery is attempted at an apartment, and no one is there to sign for the delivery do you:

1. Stop complete as NI. (one stop)
2. Place in pre-record and sheet as left at, and then in-direct to the managers office for them to sign. (one stop, attempted at two different locations.)
3. Stop complet as NI at the apartment, then Scan at the managers office, place in pre-record and sheet as left-at, managers office for them to sign. (one stop per delivery location, so two stops.)

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Another scenario.....

Attempt at residence, signature required. No one comes to the door. Sheet as NI1. You leave the residence only to have said customer follow you down the street to get package at your next stop. 1 stop or 2?

over9five

Staff member
Another scenario.....

Attempt at residence, signature required. No one comes to the door. Sheet as NI1. You leave the residence only to have said customer follow you down the street to get package at your next stop. 1 stop or 2?
Dup stop.

Indecisi0n

Another scenario.....

I would sheet this as second attempt NO dup.

How to do you scan/sheet multi packages for different locations then get one sig for all ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you sheet each package and prerecord right? Then how to you tie them all together. Where do you go after multi stops are prerecorded?

I usually charge for my time but I like you so:

After you scan all of the pkgs and they are all in prerecord you would hit prerecord again and mark each package as either left at-res or left at-com, which is on the right hand side of the DIAD. If any of these pkgs are a reattempt you would mark those as dup-res or dup-com, which are on the left hand side of the DIAD. Once you have all of the pkgs marked you would get an autograph, hit stop complete, select res or com for release location and type in the address where you left the packages.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If a valid delivery is attempted at an apartment, and no one is there to sign for the delivery do you:

2. Place in pre-record and sheet as left at, and then in-direct to the managers office for them to sign. (one stop, attempted at two different locations.)
3. Stop complet as NI at the apartment, then Scan at the managers office, place in pre-record and sheet as left-at, managers office for them to sign. (one stop per delivery location, so two stops.)

Another scenario.....

dup

I couldn't care less about the size of my planned day or "getting credit for the the work". I pretty much always choose the option that gives me the least amount of time so no one can ever accuse me of padding my day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I will sheet it however they tell me to.
These directions tend to change from manager to manager.
In the end, I will paid for my time and I will be significantly over allowed.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Another scenario.....

So....how would this be any different that a same day second attempt that you do get credit for?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So....how would this be any different that a same day second attempt that you do get credit for?

Attempting the same stop within such a short time frame would make it appear as though you are padding stops.

The only time you get credit for a SDSA is if you are directed to go back by your OMS--if you reattempt on your own it is a dup stop.

I think Bubblehead said it best. Ask your manager how he/she would like it sheeted and go from there. Asking how to do this on a message board is an irrelevant question that will have several different answers that will in no way help you out if you are accused of dishonesty. Your management team is paid to make operational decisions in your center and no one else. Protect your job doing it this way.

brownrod

According to my management you take one stop and do a leave at. My supervisor says doing the leave at option gives you time credit for an additional stop.

over9five

Staff member
I think Bubblehead said it best. Ask your manager how he/she would like it sheeted and go from there. Asking how to do this on a message board is an irrelevant question that will have several different answers that will in no way help you out if you are accused of dishonesty. Your management team is paid to make operational decisions in your center and no one else. Protect your job doing it this way.

Also, make sure you ask in a group setting (PCM),

So everyone gets the same information.