One year in and healthcare

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whome, Aug 1, 2013.

1. whome

whome Member

Will be hitting my one year mark in sept. who do I talk to about getting my healthcare?
  2. Macbrother

Macbrother Member

They will send you a large packet in the mail with everything you need to know, including numbers to call and enroll.
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

who me?
  4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Got my healthcare packet 6 weeks before my 1 year mark. It was about a 120 page book, a few pamphlets, and about a dozen supplemental pages. Basically if you don't have dependents and don't want extra life/disability insurance you don't even have to do anything it starts automatically.

However if you have health issues I advise you to add the extra life insurance right away because if you don't sign up by your one year mark you will have to get a doctor to qualify you with whatever paperwork that entails.
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Remember you will be starting under a completely different healthcare plan than the previously mentioned.
  6. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I thought it wasn't switching until January, not sure where I read that. He would be under the current healthcare plan for at least a few months the way I'm understanding it.