Online sales leap 20 percent on Black Friday..39 percent on Thanksgiving Day

AKX

We have already been crushed. This will be my 5th peak with UPS, and I feel like the "perfect storm" is brewing. We got post office packages being turned away from post office and being told to RTS them!!! Package cars going out with 500-700 pieces because center was not allowed to add bulk trucks yet, lost many drivers to retirement and injury with only a few replacements, 2 out of 3 sups managing areas they do not know, 3rd center manager since last November, many drivers doing 11-12 hour days last week, we have a loader that has only been with UPS 2 months going out on the road, seasonal hires lost because their sups don't even know the area......I could go on. It ain't going to be pretty (excluding pay check).

I think we work at the same building, lol thats logistics.

AKCoverMan

Monday will be heavy just becuase of CLosed Holiday volume from Friday. For us in Alaska the next tidal wave is on Wednesday when all the 2DA stuff ordered Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Saturday and Sunday will arrive here. A lot of the dot coms ship everything here 2DA even though we offer ground. Always see a spike on Wednesday; this Wednesday will just be extra spikey..

upsgrunt

My prediction is we are going to get smoked with Amazon packages this year. They hit us hard last week, and it wasn't the 1 or 2 per stop, but the 4 -5 per stop.

helenofcalifornia

Our center either doesn't have enough drivers or enough trucks. That is the reason they give us for not putting more trucks on the road. Geez guys, make up your mind. It makes for a better story if you stick to one story and not two.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our center either doesn't have enough drivers or enough trucks. That is the reason they give us for not putting more trucks on the road. Geez guys, make up your mind. It makes for a better story if you stick to one story and not two.

104 years in the parcel delivery industry and these morons still cant comprehend the fact that Christmas happens every year at the end of December and our volume tends to increase because of it. I'm amazed that they can even remember to turn on the lights at night instead of running around in the dark and bumping into things.

nystripe96

My center had an 8am-5pm voluntary workday on Sunday. It'll lighten the load considerably for Mon & Tues, but nothing can save is from Cyber Monday haha

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yeah. This year they open at 6pm next year 6am. Two years later, there's a market to fulfill.

I hope and pray that at some point our society takes a hard look at itself in regards to the insane consumerism of Black Friday. I hope and pray that some day the people who are standing in line outside of a Walmart at 4:00AM...or worse yet giving up Thanksgiving with their families in order to be herded into a mall...look around at one another and ask "why in the hell are we doing this?"

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I hope and pray that at some point our society takes a hard look at itself in regards to the insane consumerism of Black Friday. I hope and pray that some day the people who are standing in line outside of a Walmart at 4:00AM...or worse yet giving up Thanksgiving with their families in order to be herded into a mall...look around at one another and ask "why in the hell are we doing this?"

Crank up the Christmas machine! Full speed ahead!!!!:sad-little: