ONLY on ground.....

TerryFXHD

You dont have a girth-o-meter at the station? We have a chain-thingy. If it doesn't fit around the package and down the side it sits and the customer can come get it.

STFXG

You dont have a girth-o-meter at the station? We have a chain-thingy. If it doesn't fit around the package and down the side it sits and the customer can come get it.
They threw ours in the garbage. They decided we should just take whatever makes it to the building. Had to make my own.

dvalleyjim

I remember getting a settlement for an oversized package lawsuit. We used to get a couple of pennies for oversized. Seems ex was cheating us and got into another class action lawsuit. I got 8 grand and didn't even know they were cheating me. After that they decided to teach us a lesson by not paying extra for oversized, heavy freight.

gixxer squid

I remember getting a settlement for an oversized package lawsuit. We used to get a couple of pennies for oversized. Seems ex was cheating us and got into another class action lawsuit. I got 8 grand and didn't even know they were cheating me. After that they decided to teach us a lesson by not paying extra for oversized, heavy freight.

I have often wondered that and as detailed as we are on spreadsheets with Excel, we cannot make sense out of a settlement with all the variables. Even P&D when questioned on certain aspects don't know the answer. I truly hate being a conspiracy theorist but when it comes to trust, X and me just have none.

Cracks me up, they had an oversize box increase last January and although we are the ones delivering, we saw NOTHING. As a matter of fact, we used to get .26 cents a box prior to ISP.

They offered .11 cents during negotiations at the beginning. After approx 15-20 back an forth which we stuck at .25 per box, negotiator raised to .17 cents and said we would not get a penny more and we could go back and forth as much as we liked but thats all we were getting. But apparently according to DRAisawesome, we didn't negotiate properly.

Did I already mention that I can't wait to get out of this regime.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx screwed you?!! I can't believe it!

DRAisawesome

I'm not saying you negotiated wrong. But that's what you negotiated. Don't blame anyone but yourself. You signed the contract not me. At least you have the power of negotiation. At express its not that way.

gixxer squid

I'm not saying you negotiated wrong. But that's what you negotiated. Don't blame anyone but yourself. You signed the contract not me. At least you have the power of negotiation. At express its not that way.

Yes. You are correct. We signed a 1 sided negotiation. Their was no flexibility. What's the alternative? Have your contract out to bid for other contractors and loose a 6 figure investment. Would you be willing to that? I think not. Suffice to say we have continually had the highest service percentage in our terminal so it's not like we are acting out against X.

I just don't like negotiations with someone that has no knowledge of what it takes to run a profitable business or has never done 140 stops to high rises in their life

Happy holidays to all

bacha29

Gizzer is spot on. What this company expects you to do as a contractor is to borrow thousands then put it at risk but having no control over the fate of that debt. FXG decides it's fate.You know the only so called " independent" contractor who actually has or had any true autonomy was your little debt free single route contractor who could walk away anytime he wanted and then turn around and sue and many did. That is the reason X has or is in the process of eliminating them. Sad to say but it looks like the future for the debt strapped ISP who is now totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of this company will be very challenging due to their complete inability to get a rate package that will sustain them. The only thing that is going to change the situation is when more and more contracts are put on the table but they simply lay there until the ink fades and the paper turns yellow. Best of luck to all of you.

NYCFXG

400 lb rolling tool box came into our terminal a few months ago took 5 guys to get it on a truck. 5 Gaylords of clothing with freight labels all over them came through a few weeks ago. Terminal said it is our contractual obligation to deliver anything that arrives in the terminal. Had a customer get smart and send out a 200+ lb chest(looked like one of those chests that plays use to store costumes) and have the return address as the back entrance to the main address. I left it on my truck for 3 days and then left it in the terminal. Miraculously a week later it came back weighing 40lbs. Still trying to figure out that little mystery.

Real issue I have is I sent a truck out with around 180 packages a month or so ago and had 83 (will never forget this number) ICs. The TM came over and said I needed to take everything and "what am I going to do when peak comes". I said the truck can fit over 250 packages. Stop telling wayfair, target, walmart and southshore ship more with us. These are step vans. I left 2 ICs behind because there was simply no where to put them. I'll take the DNA, thank you very much.

gixxer squid

400 lb rolling tool box came into our terminal a few months ago took 5 guys to get it on a truck. 5 Gaylords of clothing with freight labels all over them came through a few weeks ago. Terminal said it is our contractual obligation to deliver anything that arrives in the terminal. Had a customer get smart and send out a 200+ lb chest(looked like one of those chests that plays use to store costumes) and have the return address as the back entrance to the main address. I left it on my truck for 3 days and then left it in the terminal. Miraculously a week later it came back weighing 40lbs. Still trying to figure out that little mystery.

Real issue I have is I sent a truck out with around 180 packages a month or so ago and had 83 (will never forget this number) ICs. The TM came over and said I needed to take everything and "what am I going to do when peak comes". I said the truck can fit over 250 packages. Stop telling wayfair, target, walmart and southshore ship more with us. These are step vans. I left 2 ICs behind because there was simply no where to put them. I'll take the DNA, thank you very much.

Boy You mentioned Walmart. We are having issue after issue delivering there. It is not uncommon and usually the norm to wait for 15-20 minutes banging and ringing the door to get someone to take the packages, multiple calls to store to send someone back. But Walmart and Fedex both have identical business models and thats NOT to pay for customer service. We are sending 1 truck, 1 stop just to do this delivery. 150 boxes on norm. I am at the point where I am ready to code 04 it and take back to the terminal. But its not going anywhere the next day.

NYCFXG

Boy You mentioned Walmart. We are having issue after issue delivering there. It is not uncommon and usually the norm to wait for 15-20 minutes banging and ringing the door to get someone to take the packages, multiple calls to store to send someone back. But Walmart and Fedex both have identical business models and thats NOT to pay for customer service. We are sending 1 truck, 1 stop just to do this delivery. 150 boxes on norm. I am at the point where I am ready to code 04 it and take back to the terminal. But its not going anywhere the next day.

I have a similar issue with a very heavy pick up. They refuse to respect the pick up windows. He has trapped my driver multiple times. I had to go down there and explain in plain english the next time I get a phone call from my driver that you are making him wait and the door goes down on the loading dock I am calling the police and they can settle it. I am really looking forward to it so I can get it off my list.

At least you guys don't have to deal with the a very specific ethnic population like we do. Latest pick up windows possible Mon-Thur and 12-1pm windows on Fridays. Its really nice to have 300+ packages on a step van during peak and they are calling every 5 mins saying they are closing their doors AT 1. Try making all of your deliveries and pick ups before 1-2 PM when your dispatch is at 10am. I normally just send my guys out whether the belt is done or not. I calmly explain to my TM that the 5 packages I am waiting for will cost the terminal 50+ in 83's if they wait around for them. Whatever isn't delivered after 2 is getting 83d anyway.

Almost all of the pick ups have stopped shipping UPS altogether because they won't cater to their craziness. But you better believe the salesman in my area is more than happy to promise them whatever their heart desires. 6:15 window as a "just in case we have something" sure no problem! Not a single package in 3 weeks, but I'm sure as hell paying my driver to sit out there like a dope because anytime he isn't sitting in front of their place at 6:15 waiting to code them out or they call X and tell them my driver never came.

Last edited:

robdabanks

I have found out about the walmarts are that they always answer the door but you can never get into the single open dock they have and the other 2 are permitily blocked. Then you get in there and start unloading and soon as a Walmart trailer shows up they try to kick you out of the dock. Walmart deliveries blow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have found out about the walmarts are that they always answer the door but you can never get into the single open dock they have and the other 2 are permitily blocked. Then you get in there and start unloading and soon as a Walmart trailer shows up they try to kick you out of the dock. Walmart deliveries blow.

We have the same issues here-----3 bays but 2 always occupied. I would never move off of a loading dock mid-delivery for a Walmart feeder---he can wait his turn just like the rest of us. The receiver is very nice and we work well together.

gixxer squid

The first part of one route is all large companies. ALL are closed for lunch. Dispatch at 10 and it's a disaster as driver does not do scheduled pickups in this area, only FDO's so going back to this area is not an option as his afternoon deliveries are another zip code.

In all honesty, if Fred and crew actually cared about us instead of his Wall Street goons there are such simple ways of stream lining this business.

In actuality, if my damn terminal would actually get together and trade stops between contractors rather than driving 35-40 miles a day between eachother we could do 100 stops by noon and be kicking up our legs until pickups. The inefficiency drives me bonkers. Home delivery and ground going to the same address and stop is ludicrous.

I will say it again for the record. I am NOT against X. I like my business but I am not a slave. I want to get a fair return not in equity but my paycheck. No one knows the future, equity is a gamble, a roll of the dice and as usual, favors the house.

STFXG

Why are you dispatching at 10? They can't force you to fail. 9 is being nice. 830 is usually my go time. Shut the doors and leave.