ONTRAC delivery

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by TheJackal, Jun 20, 2014.

1. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

All I can say is....wow. I wish I had time to take a picture. Beat up van, no logo, no uniforms, 2 unshaven/smoking 20 something. They just rang and ran. I don't have a problem with ring and drop, but if he did stay at the door, I don't think I would have opened my door. Though my dogs make everyone that rings my bell think twice about entering.

Funny thing is....one of my neighbors works for ONTRAC. Never did speak to him about his job. But, he has an clean ONTRAC van in front of his house every night.

2. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

ONTRAC vs. FedEx Ground. Besides the different logos, they are kindred souls.

3. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Rumor has it that Fred's gonna buy ONTRAC and get another exemption to classify all help as farmers to pay them sub-minimum wage.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

would not surprise me in the least....

5. Doc Sorting Dude

Doc Sorting Dude Active Member

When ground first came aboard in 1999, that's exactly what they looked like. Unmarked vans and no uniforms, looked pretty scary.

6. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

That's not true at all. With everything that can be legitimately criticized about Ground, why do you make things up?

7. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Still have one truck in the building you can see the old RPS stickers under.

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Maybe things are different where you are BB but I can remember quite a few contractors drivers not wearing uniforms all the way up to around 2008. I still remember as they would be at the same stop and the customers are like "and who are you" to the HD\ground guys. I will give you this, of the three guys I'm thinking of one did have a uniform shirt on at least. Maybe waiting on the uniforms?

9. bbsam

In 1999 there were very few multi route owners. It was still "one truck, one driver". That truck had to be approved by Fedex and would not have been without decals. Now around peak season a contractor could get just about anyone and anything approved but that would only be for a limited duration and the vehicle would have magnets on the doors. Occasionally those would fall off, but as they say, it's an imperfect world.

10. bbsam

That was about the most u professional thing i have ever seen this company pull off.

11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Plus he would take your farm subsidy for himself.

12. Cactus

I seen a Ground driver yesterday in a company vehicle wearing a real neat uniform consisting of street clothes.

13. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Yesterday was saturday. Probably working on his truck. Should he wear a uniform for that?

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. bbsam

Could have been me. My pickup truck is also a Ground truck complete with decals. Drive my kids all over in it too. You aren't going to report me are you?! Oh...wait. They already know.

15. Cactus

Once again, you're ASSuming.

Typical.

clueless5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  16. Cactus

And that makes you look cool or something?

Ugh! As if!.jpg

OK, moving right along...............

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  17. bbsam

No. Nothing makes me cool. I just am.

18. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Ha! I knew they had a decal set for a pickup truck; didn't realize anyone actually used them.

19. bbsam

Oh yeah. Great for 35-40 stops. Wouldn't want to do any more than that.

20. Cactus

Just people that don't have a life.