Oops. New Drive Through Service?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I have reviewed the posts and I agree with medical condition as the probable cause because driver was conveyed to hospital.

However, considering the reality TV mentality and everyone demanding their 15 minutes - what kind of story would the homeowner have if he said, "UPS contacted us and we are happy with the response?" or "I know (fill in the blank), he/she has been our driver for the past ten years....my daughter is worried about him/her...ya know, he/she always had a second to wave, tap the horn and smile."

The victim may just see UP$$.

And y'all know what is said about dirty laundry.

Recall and remember, we do live in a litigious society

Typical media hype. Someone has the be the villain to make it interesting.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We heard about this at our pcm, it was in our district. They said our driver appears to be at fault, that he went left of center.
The comments are amusing, somebodys ship just came in via a UPS truck.
Lakeshore blvd at 7:30 is a rat race. Then again, thats going on 10 hrs, on a monday. But it is still the drivers fault in the end. According to our pcm.
why couldnt that be my house?
Poor driver. Says he has 11 yrs safe driving. You can only be safe so long, fatigue kicks in, and in a moment your livelihood is gone.

djkre8r

First I hope the driver is OK and the family will get back on their feet real soon.
About the packages still left in the house... Those appear to be blank envelopes! I didn't see any labels on them (from the pics shown). Also, do you think UPS would just "leave packages" behind in a stranger's home? I am sure they cleaned up the packages that were to be delivered or brought back to the building.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I heard very second hand, that the driver is still in the hospital, required many stitches in his head, and has no memory. I dont know if no memory of the crash, or no memory at all.
I wish someone from the highland center, would update us. I have no contacts there anymore. Maybe the original OP?
Said he was 52, at that age, ripe for anything. Seems like it is a bad age for men and heart attacks, and health issues.