OPD request

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tarek Zehdi, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Thunder fire 8911

Thunder fire 8911 New Member

Ok so I requested an optional paid day last week because I was sick and my supervisor told me he put that day in the system for me so I should get paid for it in my next paycheck .so now it's time to check it online and as I was reviewing my paycheck I didn't notice that OPD .what could've happen and how can I get that day added to my next paycheck since they missed it last week and thanks

2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Make a copy. Show to supervisor or manager. If it doesn't get fixed in a timely matter, talk to your steward.

3. DOK

DOK Active Member

What could have happened? Management screw up, which happens all day everyday at the center level, yet you have to work 100% with no mistakes whatsoever.

Make sure you tell them about it and that you want it in your next check.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Has happened to me over the years.....kinda sucks when you r expecting that days pay in your check.....usually put it in with next check

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Go to upsers, click on Job Tools, scroll down and click on Time Card Viewer, go back to last week and you will see whether you were put in for the day or not.

As was mentioned above, make a copy of your pay stub and ask for a pay adjustment.

If you don't really need the money you could always take the "dead day" and save the OPD for another time.

6. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Do not ask for a separate check for that one day.....it will be taxed at a higher rate

7. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

I love when they give me off and forget to put in personal day...saves u one for a later day...of coarse if u don't need the money

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Or you could just wait and get paid for your optional days around May 1st. Got tired of being turned down or messing up my check.

9. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Just keep your day so you can use it later on without them giving you grief about it. I actually do a little dance when they don't charge me for a day.

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The sup is screwing you over on purpose.

11. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

I had no idea we could view our time card like that, Thanks!

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Unless you need the money, let it go. Now you've still got an extra OPD.

13. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Oh yeah....

Thinking about tipping my dispatcher this Christmas, JUST because he'll text me if I want a layoff on Monday mornings