Open/Closed Pickups for Memorial Day

rod

Retired 22 years
And yet some say there will be driverless trucks---- yet UPS doesn't even know what days they are closed.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only day I ever fill that DIAD closings out for is Christmas Eve. Every other day my whole complete route is open so I don't bother.

brostalss

Ah yes, the ever annoying "Holiday Info Required"BS.

They never pay any attention to it. I always put open for delivery and pick up. I throw them a bone and close a few.

For those who have a Letter Box put closed for delivery. Hehe.

Z

ZQXC

I had a sup a couple days ago complain that I wasn't emptying a letter box in the 15 min window. I asked if the letter box called to complain and he agreed he was being dumb.

Tell him you are giving the procrastinators a chance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a sup a couple days ago complain that I wasn't emptying a letter box in the 15 min window. I asked if the letter box called to complain and he agreed he was being dumb.
This is the problem here. I don't know if management isn't allowed or just refuses to use common sense.

Having a big problem with this and telematics. Lots of people with a few seatbelt or bulk head door occurances. Things like 3 seat belt event for .01 miles. Guess what that means? There's a glitch I had my seatbelt on the whole time. Also had a driver with a bunch of recording while idling. His truck died and had to be jumped anytime he turned it off. Didn't stop the center manager from chewing him a new one.

oldngray

nowhere special
This is the problem here. I don't know if management isn't allowed or just refuses to use common sense.

Having a big problem with this and telematics. Lots of people with a few seatbelt or bulk head door occurances. Things like 3 seat belt event for .01 miles. Guess what that means? There's a glitch I had my seatbelt on the whole time. Also had a driver with a bunch of recording while idling. His truck died and had to be jumped anytime he turned it off. Didn't stop the center manager from chewing him a new one.

When the errors are so obvious you can easily point out its a sensor problem but when its only a couple of so called errors its difficult for you to prove you did nothing wrong. Despite UPS claims the system is NOT perfect and in my opinion any of those electronic numbers are suspect and should not ever be used for discipline or harassment. Sadly the union lets them get away with it most of the time.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Perhaps a shipper may say that they are "open". Perhaps UPS may send a management person out on the holiday to pick up the packages. Obviously the packages will not move until Tuesday, but the shipper may be happy. (Pure speculation. Lol.)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When the errors are so obvious you can easily point out its a sensor problem but when its only a couple of so called errors its difficult for you to prove you did nothing wrong. Despite UPS claims the system is NOT perfect and in my opinion any of those electronic numbers are suspect and should not ever be used for discipline or harassment. Sadly the union lets them get away with it most of the time.
.01 miles is zero miles. I don't think there's is anyone currently driving for ups that would purposely not where their seat belt. Just not worth it. Is rolling 2 ft before you click the belt seriously a big deal?

HomeDelivery

Why were we asked to designate in the DIAD today whether our pickups stops were going to be open or closed on Memorial Day?

they're jumping the gun & getting a head start for their preloaders to not put those parcels in the package cars on that day ~ wait you guys are working on that monday?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why were we asked to designate in the DIAD today whether our pickups stops were going to be open or closed on Memorial Day?

That's funny...all the talk the company makes about over allowed, stealing time, and working efficiently yet, how many minutes or hours cumulatively company wide are spent by entering open or closed.