Open/Closed Pickups for Memorial Day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's funny...all the talk the company makes about over allowed, stealing time, and working efficiently yet, how many minutes or hours cumulatively company wide are spent by entering open or closed.

It takes me about 5 minutes total to do this for my 28 pickups. Our mall driver has 60+ pickups. I would guess it takes about an hour for our entire center to complete this.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So do you actually go to the stop, turn off the PC, grab the DIAD and close out the stop right there, even though you know that they are closed for the day?

Well my pick ups in one area, I get most of them from 2 parking spots, so its pretty easy to do.

If they ever asked a driver they can always say they called from another stop to check, not that they would do that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well my pick ups in one area, I get most of them from 2 parking spots, so its pretty easy to do.

If they ever asked a driver they can always say they called from another stop to check, not that they would do that.

Actually they would. Our PCM Friday was about making sure we are closing out pickup stops at the location, irregardless of the +/- 15 window.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So your center would be against calling, wow that is a new one for me. We call pick ups all the time.

Pickups pay up to $20/wk to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices. Do the right thing---go to each and every pickup each and every day.

If you have occasional shippers you should try to covert them to smart pickups. I have 3 of those and absolutely love them.

oldngray

nowhere special
Pickups pay up to $20/wk to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices. Do the right thing---go to each and every pickup each and every day.

If you have occasional shippers you should try to covert them to smart pickups. I have 3 of those and absolutely love them.

Do they get a refund if you don't smile?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Pickups pay up to $20/wk to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices. Do the right thing---go to each and every pickup each and every day. If you have occasional shippers you should try to covert them to smart pickups. I have 3 of those and absolutely love them.

While I normally find your posts insightful, articulated, and concise, I respectfully disagree about actually going to each and every pickup. The customers pay to have their items picked up one way or another. If I call my shipper(s) and I am told there is a pickup, I will go. If not then I will not go.

Yes, in a perfect world, personally dealing with each and every customer is proper customer service but in this day and age of reliance on technology, automation, increased costs, and overall urgency to complete deadlines / production quotas, most shippers could care less if they actually see me or my partners, just that their items were picked up to be shipped.

Is there any one customer who is more valuable than another? Whether it's the shipper who only sends one small letter each day or the shipper who re-loads our cars with 400 pieces a day, they both deserve the same service. Good customer service also entails making an effort to not have any missed stops and if calling some pickups saves just one business from being missed then I personally feel good about it. Yes it can be a hassle to use my own phone and yes it can take a little time but at least my customers know that even though the company might not have any problems with the way it operates or the image it projects with regards to customer service, I am a service provider and I DO care.

If the company is forcing us by way of directives and PCMs to stop at each and every pickup, I will do as told. The company itself is going to be the one hurting the customer service aspect of "service provider", not me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scooby, you do not have the right to pick and choose which pickups you want or don't want to go to. They are a scheduled daily pickup for a reason. Now, if they don't ship out very much or every day, you may want to try to convert them in to a smart pickup.

While all customers should receive the same level of service, it would be a lie to state that all pickup accounts, regardless of volume, should be treated the same.

Sent using BrownCafe App