Operation Aerosmith (Amazon)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How do you figure? You said the Amazon business isn't profitable. I said the USPS grew small parcel volume over 14% and posted a $313.million operational profit. The pensions are what is hurting them right now.

I thought you would be able to do better than "Ahhh troll as I figured" ...
The post office has a built in cost advantage they have a monopoly on the mail so they are going to every house as it is.

They shouldn't be allowed to undercut ups or fedex on price but they are. What are we gonna do?

T

Turdferguson

How do you figure? You said the Amazon business isn't profitable. I said the USPS grew small parcel volume over 14% and posted a $313.million operational profit. The pensions are what is hurting them right now.

I thought you would be able to do better than "Ahhh troll as I figured" ...

What exactly is your angle here Steve?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They bought RPS in 1998 with existing hubs. Count that and you have over 30 years since RPS started in 1985. The growth right now is positioning hubs to reduce transit times using cheaper labor and lower overhead with contractors owning trucks.
You can't count the time before fedex owned them. Basically they bought the business model and gutted it back then, creating their two FedEx subsidiaries.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How do you know they are zero profitable packages? The USPS is carrying quite a few of Amazon Packages. I just received today (Sunday) a good size Amazon shipment via USPS. I have a feeling Sunday's will be in your working future.

"For the sixth consecutive quarter, the U.S Postal Service turned an operational profit when accounting for its controllable costs. But the agency still lost a total of $1.5 billion from January through March due to outstanding liabilities.

USPS was profitable by $313 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2015, and operational revenue was up $233 million over the same period last year, the agency announced Friday. The growth was due in part to the temporary emergency rate increase on postal products that took effect last year, but also aided by a 14.4 percent increase in package volume."
If they lose money to existing liabilities , it still means they didn't make a profit.

The rest of this is called creative accounting. The USPS has higher overhead then us yet charges way less. You can't have that business model and be profitable. They're a government backed agency that doesn't have the same rules and playing field as the private sector.

T

Turdferguson

No Angle at all. I'm just letting you know that things may be different than what you think.
No its not Steve. We work there, and know how our customer service is. To compare what you read on a internet site to how we treat our customers is asinine. You don't work at UPS or FedEx but know how they should be ran. Don't worry your investment is safe.

Scuba Steve

Existing liabilities would be pensions. Didn't Teamster pensions just get cut? UPS does not have to pre fund pensions and healthcare. The USPS does have to pre fund pensions and health care of retirees. This is a $9 billion dollar liability for the USPS.

Fact is USPS if it wasn't for pensions the USPS would be profitable. It's a fact revenue and operational profit are growing from Small package volume.

Scuba Steve

No its not Steve. We work there, and know how our customer service is. To compare what you read on a internet site to how we treat our customers is asinine. You don't work at UPS or FedEx but know how they should be ran. Don't worry your investment is safe.

Turd, you have no idea... You know nothing about me and my involvement with UPS. I will say I guarantee that I have more class a stock than a number of you. I have been involved with UPS long before the airline, before service to all 50 states. Before international with the Cologne hub in 1976. Long before Diad. You want to know my angle? It's disturbing to see what the company has become. Since going public, this company has lost what made it great.

How long have you worked at UPS? What do you do at UPS? Tell me about UPS' customer service? Do you remember when customers could call the center? The districts had customer service departments. Tell me what two outside companies provide customer service for UPS under contract and when the UPS Customer Service employees all got let go or reassigned when their jobs went to outside contractors? Those people thought they had a job for life at UPS.

I'm not your enemy. I'm trying to instill a wake up call that no matter how big UPS is that could change very fast. Look how much has changed for the worse already. It's not the same company anymore.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Turd, you have no idea... You know nothing about me and my involvement with UPS. I will say I guarantee that I have more class a stock than a number of you. I have been involved with UPS long before the airline, before service to all 50 states. Before international with the Cologne hub in 1976. Long before Diad. You want to know my angle? It's disturbing to see what the company has become. Since going public, this company has lost what made it great.

How long have you worked at UPS? What do you do at UPS? Tell me about UPS' customer service? Do you remember when customers could call the center? The districts had customer service departments. Tell me what two outside companies provide customer service for UPS under contract and when the UPS Customer Service employees all got let go or reassigned when their jobs went to outside contractors? Those people thought they had a job for life at UPS.

I'm not your enemy. I'm trying to instill a wake up call that no matter how big UPS is that could change very fast. Look how much has changed for the worse already. It's not the same company anymore.
No :censored2: Sherlock. Things have changed. Wow you broke it wide open there

T

Turdferguson

You guys need to make a stronger push to get FDX Unionized. I'm not a UPS'er other than a legacy shareholder that grew up around the company. I support UPS and know the sacrifices and how hard each of you works everyday. You deserve the wage you earn. It's disgusting that FDX uses contract labor at a fraction of what you are paid. Then they take the profits off the workers backs to reinvest to steal customers away from UPS by lower pricing and quicker shipping lanes, creating more profit dollars for Fred...
Which is it Steve?
You don't work at UPS, or have been here since its inception?

T

Turdferguson

You are correct you are not the enemy, you are a blow hard that is trying to rally the boys to do a better job to protect your investment