Operation shutdown in full effect!

franknitty

Let's just eat, drink, and be merry ! At this point in time it's useless to worry ourselves about the closing of other FedEx stations. With the "No Layoff Policy" on our side we're guaranteed to have job tomorrow.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let's just eat, drink, and be merry ! At this point in time it's useless to worry ourselves about the closing of other FedEx stations. With the "No Layoff Policy" on our side we're guaranteed to have job tomorrow.

What no layoff policy? There isn't a no layoff policy.

Damon77

This is truth. But it is something Corporate PR has always brought up to the public, investors, and employees. They were proud of it I'm sure. And they did do things in the past to trim costs to avoid layoffs of the hourlies (2004, 2009). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like a viable strategy anymore in this ****bucket of an economy. Question is, who goes? New hires or +25 plusers?

Ricochet1a

On this, the shill is absolutely correct.

In the distant past, there was an "informal" no layoff policy.

This all changed a number of years ago. When Express did start laying off people, Fred did a little verbal tap dance (I'm not kidding, this is God honest truth).

When Fred was asked about this subject, he came right out with a straight face and stated "Express has a no layoff philosophy".

The policy was instantly changed into a "philosophy" - which was Express would do everything in its power to not lay someone off from their job.

Damn gracious of the fart.... EVERY company has a "philosophy" of not wanting to lay people off until they have have "exhausted" every means possible to keep them.

So the only thing you have going for you, is that Express wants to avoid laying people off, to keep their unemployment payments as low as possible. If worst case occurs, you're out the door if it is in the best interest of FedEx.

franknitty

In the distant past, there was an "informal" no layoff policy.

This all changed a number of years ago. When Express did start laying off people, Fred did a little verbal tap dance (I'm not kidding, this is God honest truth).

When Fred was asked about this subject, he came right out with a straight face and stated "Express has a no layoff philosophy".

The policy was instantly changed into a "philosophy" - which was Express would do everything in its power to not lay someone off from their job.

Damn gracious of the fart.... EVERY company has a "philosophy" of not wanting to lay people off until they have have "exhausted" every means possible to keep them.

So the only thing you have going for you, is that Express wants to avoid laying people off, to keep their unemployment payments as low as possible. If worst case occurs, you're out the door if it is in the best interest of FedEx.

Thank you R1a, I stand corrected.

Ricochet1a

Layoff Survival Guide: Creative Approaches to Layoffs - Salary.com

...Another option is to refuse to terminate people at all. Southwest Airlines has a no-layoff policy. Federal Express has a similar policy, so when shipping volumes decrease, the company leaves jobs open, takes job requisitions off the books, and cuts hours.

The article is undated, but I believe that it was written before 2009, when the informal policy of Express became an official philosophy. Express did in fact perform de facto layoffs in 2009.

What they did was to offer positions in far away places, and gave the employee which was to be "let go" the option to transfer or to keep their job for 90 days then be let go (give them time to find an opening at a location which they wanted to transfer to). There was a form of "buyout" offered to wage employees which were faced with this situation, but the amount was pitiful. There were extensive postings about this very subject back in 2009 regarding this very subject.

Nick9075

I've just heard and confirmed of 3 stations closing down. Confirmed kill shot! I'm curious to see what others have heard in the past couple days? Can anyone else confirm of stations shutting down? I'm assuming this is happening all across the country? I can confirm stations in IA, IL and WI shutting down come October 1st ( judgement day).

The station I am running the Home Delivery routes I purchased actually recently opened and they are expecting a 20% in volume. This is in NYC -- the station is located outside of Manhattan. One thing that sucks is $50 a day for tolls plus gas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The station I am running the Home Delivery routes I purchased actually recently opened and they are expecting a 20% in volume. This is in NYC -- the station is located outside of Manhattan. One thing that sucks is $50 a day for tolls plus gas.

The spike in volume is the shifting of P2 from Express to Ground.

HomeDelivery

Nick, all of the past threads are talking about Express...

but, on a sidenote, are you talking about Secaucus, NJ? is there a person there named Tiffany?

(you can PM me instead of replying here)

Nick9075

So this is win for ground and home delivery ? I have around 200k invested in this. Will need a bigger truck. How much for new say sprinter not something 6 years old that sounds like it will die on the road

bbsam

Staff member
So this is win for ground and home delivery ? I have around 200k invested in this. Will need a bigger truck. How much for new say sprinter not something 6 years old that sounds like it will die on the road

Penske has good rates on rentals. I've been renting one for 9 months. Great mileage and maintenance is paid forr in rental payments.

bbsam

Staff member

Penske has good rates on rentals. I've been renting one for 9 months. Great mileage and maintenance is paid forr in rental payments.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

"The shill" encourages all employees to brutally hammer their managers (if they deserve it) via the SFA to get them moved, demoted, or fire. "The shill" encourages all employees to get every dollar that our printed policies say they should be getting. "The shill" has no problem with disagreement on a message board, nor does "the shill" get mad because people won't agree with him.

Everyone's a critic...

STFXG

Budget rental, 190 a week w/unlimited miles. New sprinter is a tad under 50k after shelving and all the other goodies...

franknitty

"The shill" encourages all employees to brutally hammer their managers (if they deserve it) via the SFA to get them moved, demoted, or fire. "The shill" encourages all employees to get every dollar that our printed policies say they should be getting. "The shill" has no problem with disagreement on a message board, nor does "the shill" get mad because people won't agree with him.

Everyone's a critic...

You come across on this forum as a man who has thick skin. My question is what's the problem of you being a shill ? If the shoe fits, wear it and wear it well ! It's sounds like you're whining !

Goldilocks

Everyone's a critic...

Amen!! Instead of just talking about it, do something. Actions speak louder than words. Like I have said before, Some Middle Manangers,Seniors and District Directors have made horrible decisions and have ruined the Moral of the employees of Fedex. They need to go! Not just with SFA but ban together and write Memphis personel and even FS and let them how you feel. But this does need to done with a petition.

Goldilocks

Remember, Actions will happen in numbers. If everyone at every station wrote a petition and every employee signed it and sent it to Memphis, I promise that your voices will be heard. You need to bypass your local personel and send it directly to Memphis.