Operation shutdown in full effect!

Goldilocks

Originally Posted by newgirl
DPK on LI is closing, supposedly Atlanta ramp and DFW ramp.

Nope, DFW not closing either. This has been going on for about 2 years and they just cant close it. Too far for Alliance to handle all the stations.....

franky

Yes the FOP facility is closing in September, the freight go their will be rerouted to memphis tn or north carolina. some people are being laid off some coming to the atlanta ramp.
Wow! That is really sobering. I appreciate the information. I am also hearing rumors that a couple of the Atlanta area DGO facilities are closing.

Goldilocks

No, you say whatevet the company wants you to. Your posts confirm that.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is happy with his Job? We see what is happening. Believe me we have a vested interest in this company. I think most of us love our jobs and our customers, the problem is all of the POLITICS....Please do not take my post wrong, I understand how you feel.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is happy with his Job? We see what is happening. Believe me we have a vested interest in this company. I think most of us love our jobs and our customers, the problem is all of the POLITICS....Please do not take my post wrong, I understand how you feel.
Yes, Fred owns numerous politicians and has corrupted the political process for personal gain.

Goldilocks

Yes, Fred owns numerous politicians and has corrupted the political process for personal gain.

Not being mean, but are you going to blame Fred when Fedex drops their health coverage because of Obama care? Because you know that may happen if Obama is re elected? RIGHT?

franky

Yes the FOP facility is closing in September, the freight go their will be rerouted to memphis tn or north carolina. some people are being laid off some coming to the atlanta ramp.
Wow! That is sobering news. Thanks for the information. I hear rumors that a couple of Atlanta area DGO stations are closing also.

TUT

Not being mean, but are you going to blame Fred when Fedex drops their health coverage because of Obama care? Because you know that may happen if Obama is re elected? RIGHT?

There is no such thing as Obama Care, stop being spreading the Republican line to brainwash us all (aka smear campaign). The only things that have kicked in are a few advantages for seniors and our sons/daughters if going to college are under our coverage until 26 if they go full time until then. Both admirable. It's a total smear campaign. It's not that bad, the worst part of it is simply a Republican didn't author it...

Wow! That is sobering news. Thanks for the information. I hear rumors that a couple of Atlanta area DGO stations are closing also.
you're welcome, yea i being hearing that but at our meeting we was told don't nobody know what memphis is going to do. i know 1 station is supposed to move to ATL ramp.

franky

you're welcome, yea i being hearing that but at our meeting we was told don't nobody know what memphis is going to do. i know 1 station is supposed to move to ATL ramp.
I've heard it rumored that QFE may be moving to the ATL Ramp. I guess we will all have to wait and see how this plays out.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Nope, DFW not closing either. This has been going on for about 2 years and they just cant close it. Too far for Alliance to handle all the stations.....

So you must be in or near DFW...interesting. DFW can't close, AFW has no access to other airlines for expediting and also no access for international freight. When AFW opened, DFW closing was rumored, then it turned out to be DTK that closed...now when they close JMD that will be something. I hate that building and I'm glad I don't work there.

DNE in Plano has been mentioned as a possibility of closing, with half the routes going to GVT and the other half to ADSA. Then again, this has been a rumor for a few years. The new "super-station" in McKinney that has been talked about for awhile has yet to even have plans drawn for.

Goldilocks

So you must be in or near DFW...interesting. DFW can't close, AFW has no access to other airlines for expediting and also no access for international freight. When AFW opened, DFW closing was rumored, then it turned out to be DTK that closed...now when they close JMD that will be something. I hate that building and I'm glad I don't work there.

Me too...

Goldilocks

DNE in Plano has been mentioned as a possibility of closing, with half the routes going to GVT and the other half to ADSA. Then again, this has been a rumor for a few years. The new "super-station" in McKinney that has been talked about for awhile has yet to even have plans drawn for.

This may happen but not anytime soon. Fedex free and clear owns the DNEA station bldg.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Wow...the word about the BrownCafe is spreading in the DFW area! DNE is so "bad off" that GVT picks up their missorts..lol JMD is supposedly going to close to be part of another "super station". Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Goldilocks

Wow...the word about the BrownCafe is spreading in the DFW area! DNE is so "bad off" that GVT picks up their missorts..lol JMD is supposedly going to close to be part of another "super station". Can't wait to see how that turns out.

GVT has been picking up DNE missorts for years. On Saturday Dnea picks up GVT's and ADS missorts.

phxaz

How many people work at FOP. Heard the same thing that they are closing. Stations in Phoenix area making friend/t routes part time for now. Anyone heard if Ground will be starting to get alot of the Amazon freight.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love the fact that an information network seems to be forming, especially in Texas. Spread the word, and share what you know. The more informed we are, the better.

Kevinmevin

How many people work at FOP. Heard the same thing that they are closing. Stations in Phoenix area making friend/t routes part time for now. Anyone heard if Ground will be starting to get alot of the Amazon freight.

Very Possible I think, given that Amazon is building its first California Warehouse just 10ish miles from the large ground hub I work at. It is also close to Ontario so there would also be that entry point into UPS's main west cost hub but FDX express as well. Though the ground hub is much much closer. Don't think it was built where its going on accident.

SmithBarney

Don't know my Amazon(Saturday was all amazon) Stops were up ~50% last week! normally 20 stops I had 33 and almost 200 miles.. whoohoo.