Opinions Needed

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Long story short...I work the secondary slide....There's 4 of us up there...Me and 22.3 and a guy that work the front end of the slide and a guy/girl that work at the bottom......Everyday when we go down the front end of the slide gets blown out while the bottom end gets almost nothing.....Well the guy/girl at the bottom usually stay down at the bottom and flirt and do anything but come and help us...My PT Sup has been told many times about this and only talks to them...Well today I got fed up with it and told my Sup for the umpteenth time...guy down at the bottom heard me walked down to my end and started yelling at me and getting in my face...I backed up to avoid anything further happening.....Would this be considered workplace violence?

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
To be a little more detailed, I had a driver that was doing something similar to me right after I started driving. I reported it several times to my sups. They did nothing other than say, "Bad boy, don't do that again." He did. One more time and it earned him a restraining order for a year. Sup's could do nothing about it. Problem solved to this day.

packageguy

Long story short...I work the secondary slide....There's 4 of us up there...Me and 22.3 and a guy that work the front end of the slide and a guy/girl that work at the bottom......Everyday when we go down the front end of the slide gets blown out while the bottom end gets almost nothing.....Well the guy/girl at the bottom usually stay down at the bottom and flirt and do anything but come and help us...My PT Sup has been told many times about this and only talks to them...Well today I got fed up with it and told my Sup for the umpteenth time...guy down at the bottom heard me walked down to my end and started yelling at me and getting in my face...I backed up to avoid anything further happening.....Would this be considered workplace violence?

Yes, report it before they do, and if there is a question who started go to the cameras. If the person lies it will be an intergrity issue also.
COVER YOUR ASS.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​Darlin, if you felt it was necessary to back off to keep it from escalating then you need to put a stop to it immediately. CYA!! Report it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sit down today (NOW) and write out everything that happened. Be specific. Who (involved, witnessed), What (was said - don't white wash words), When (did it happen), Where (where were you at, etc), Why (what transpired prior to this event). Be honest. Don't try to hide anything.

Was the guy mad at you because you told on him?? I know it can be frustrating when somdone isn't working up to your standards but you told on him. Can you see why he might be a little pissed?? You didn't like his work pace and you told on him so he got mad. If anyone who is hourly told on me I would be a little upset. If you just do what you can do and not worry about anyone but yourself then the situation doesn't happen. The job of the supervisor is to get as much as they can out of there employees. Your job is to work not report what isn't going the way you think it is. By doing what you are doing you are getting a whole bunch of people involved that don't need to be involved. Think about it before you do something you can't take back.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Who tattled on whom is beside the point. The guy was wrong in stepping out of his own work space to angrily yell at another and get in Monavies face. You are wrong. You are advocating violence because someone tattled. BS

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Was the guy mad at you because you told on him?? I know it can be frustrating when somdone isn't working up to your standards but you told on him. Can you see why he might be a little pissed?? You didn't like his work pace and you told on him so he got mad. If anyone who is hourly told on me I would be a little upset. If you just do what you can do and not worry about anyone but yourself then the situation doesn't happen. The job of the supervisor is to get as much as they can out of there employees. Your job is to work not report what isn't going the way you think it is. By doing what you are doing you are getting a whole bunch of people involved that don't need to be involved. Think about it before you do something you can't take back.

Yes I did call him out on it and plenty times before..My sup doesnt have a backbone.....And whether or not I was in the wrong he got in my face which is workplace violence..He's a pretty good worker...It's not about working hard it's about helping your fellow worker

Yes I did call him out on it and plenty times before..My sup doesnt have a backbone.....And whether or not I was in the wrong he got in my face which is workplace violence..He's a pretty good worker...It's not about working hard it's about helping your fellow worker
Just remember if you go down this road there is a good chance you can get him fired for good. Is it really that important an issue to take it there? Ignore him do the best that you can do and leave it at that. This guy got in your face because you told on him. Worry about yourself and he can worry about himself. It's not that important it's just 3.5 hours on a secondary. It's not lice and death it doesnt really matter. Do what you want just remember hind sight is twenty twenty.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just remember if you go down this road there is a good chance you can get him fired for good. Is it really that important an issue to take it there? Ignore him do the best that you can do and leave it at that. This guy got in your face because you told on him. Worry about yourself and he can worry about himself. It's not that important it's just 3.5 hours on a secondary. It's not lice and death it doesnt really matter. Do what you want just remember hind sight is twenty twenty.
​And I'm sure that you will apologize for your shortsightedness if something further happens because Monavie did not report it. Bravo for you.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Yea not sure what I wanna do yet...This is the 1st time he's blown up on me...Like I said he's a pretty solid worker, moves fast for the most part..and he does come down to help us any other time

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are the only one that can make the call. Your choice, not mine nor anyone else. Talk to your steward before you make the decision though.

Last edited: