Opinions on Alcoholism

Future

Victory Ride
4-5 years back I self-referred into UPS's alcohol counseling program. I completed it and was approved to work under the condition that I undergo mandatory random testing. This past week I met up with college buddy to have some beers. Lo and behold the next morning I receive a call to report to the testing center. I blew a .034 and a .040, obviously over the .020 threshold. I have a hearing on Monday and I expect to be discharged and go to panel. I have no DUIs or any other alcohol related arrests or citations. Has anyone ever been able to come back from this?
My brother, that is a serious problem!

C

chuchu

"Alcoholism" is no more a disease than chronic theft or compulsive lying or gambling.

It starts and continues as a symptom of a greater issue in a person's life.

adoctm

Integrity

Binge Poster
"Alcoholism" is no more a disease than chronic theft or compulsive lying or gambling.

It starts and continues as a symptom of a greater issue in a person's life.

adoctm
chuchu,

How can you back up this statement? Is this just your opinion?

If it is just your opinion on what basis do you form this opinion?

Sincerely,
I

C

chuchu

chuchu,

How can you back up this statement? Is this just your opinion?

If it is just your opinion on what basis do you form this opinion?

Sincerely,
I
Personal experience is the basis for that statement.

Forty years ago I made the mistake of trying to drown my lack of worth and loneliness with alcohol.

Rejection and the hopelessness that comes with it opened my mind up to the lie that nothing matters.

After slowly becoming addicted to alcohol (and finally, narcotics) I found my lifestyle and new "friends" now revolved around that dead end vicious cycle. It was my escape from the underlying pain in my heart from being made to believe the lie that i just didn't measure up as a child and through my teen years.

Then, one day in 1982 my younger brother was sitting in a and small sports car waiting for a red llight to change down in New Orleans when a ups feeder ran over his car, dragging him under the tractor and broke his neck.

When my family went down there to pick up his belongings in his apartment (he lived and was in a hospital) my cousins came over to our motel room and persuaded me to come to church with them that sunday morning.

In that little Assembly of God church servic i was convicted of my wrongdoings and at the end of that servce a group of people prayed over me in the name of Jesus and all that addiction left never to return.

I had a peace I had never known before and those hopeless feelings were replaced with a love and acceptance much more powerful than drugs.

I went back to my job at the drugstore where I worked during that time of my life and wasn't even tempted wth narcotics again for the next four years i worked there. I never experienced withdrawal symptoms.

Addiction by choice is a symptom and result of others issues normally emotionally rooted.

It's not a disease.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Personal experience is the basis for that statement.

Forty years ago I made the mistake of trying to drown my lack of worth and loneliness with alcohol.

Rejection and the hopelessness that comes with it opened my mind up to the lie that nothing matters.

After slowly becoming addicted to alcohol (and finally, narcotics) I found my lifestyle and new "friends" now revolved around that dead end vicious cycle. It was my escape from the underlying pain in my heart from being made to believe the lie that i just didn't measure up as a child and through my teen years.

Then, one day in 1982 my younger brother was sitting in a and small sports car waiting for a red llight to change down in New Orleans when a ups feeder ran over his car, dragging him under the tractor and broke his neck.

When my family went down there to pick up his belongings in his apartment (he lived and was in a hospital) my cousins came over to our motel room and persuaded me to come to church with them that sunday morning.

In that little Assembly of God church servic i was convicted of my wrongdoings and at the end of that servce a group of people prayed over me in the name of Jesus and all that addiction left never to return.

I had a peace I had never known before and those hopeless feelings were replaced with a love and acceptance much more powerful than drugs.

I went back to my job at the drugstore where I worked during that time of my life and wasn't even tempted wth narcotics again for the next four years i worked there. I never experienced withdrawal symptoms.

Addiction by choice is a symptom and result of others issues normally emotionally rooted.

It's not a disease.
chuchu,

This wonderful how God has miraculously healed you of your disease of addiction.

Addiction is generally accepted as a disease.

You don't have to believe it but it is true.

See the following link:

Sincerely,
I

C

chuchu

chuchu,

This wonderful how God has miraculously healed you of your disease of addiction.

Addiction is generally accepted as a disease.

You don't have to believe it but it is true.

See the following link:

Sincerely,
I
I understand the mindset on addiction. My dad was a pharmacist. I've been to all the seminars when I was a kid.

The Bible says that "no drunkard will ever enter the Kingdom of Heaven".
No one would be condemned to Hell for having a disease.