Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UltimateParcelService, Feb 22, 2016.

1. As a preloader, I would like to hear some opinions from you drivers as to what is a good/decent load.
  2. Number24

Number24 #24

I'm no driver yet but from my loading experiences, many drivers have told me to perfect their 1,000 & 2,000 shelf; also make sure that ALL of their air is either in a tote or on the top left of the 1,000 shelf. Also make sure that any and all bulks are together and not separated. Along with all RDR or RDLs.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. 2BadKneesPlease

2BadKneesPlease New Member

And zero misloads
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Stops on the correct shelves and loaded in order according to sequence numbers.

PAL labels facing out, up, or forward.

Heavy and big pieces on the floor and in order.

Nothing in the aisle when possible.

Snake loads when ever there's room.
  5. That's an easy one. I also keep 1000-4000 tidy since that's usually their important stops.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. I typically form walls on the left and right side which leaves the middle open. Would snake loading make it easier for you guys to walk through?
  7. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Just because the PAL says it goes somewhere doesn't mean it has to go where the PAL says. Example... You have 4 over 70's that are PAL FL1 don't put those in FL1 put them as close to the back as possible. Assuming FL 3 & 4 as well are RDL and RDR aren't busting at the seems. If the dispatcher puts a heavy bulk stop (with a dock) in the front of the truck and puts a bulk stop at the back of the truck with no dock switch them for crying out load. It's not rocket science use common sense. Using common sense can take you far in this world.
  8. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Fill the back walls of all of your shelfs with thin flat packages to make more room on your shelves also.
  9. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Don't lip load a qvc bag of clothes then put packages on top so they all fall off the shelf. Don't booby trap heavy packages on the shelf with letters that can slide into my face when I tilt it to see the label. Realize that the package car is gonna go vroom down the road so the laws of physics will affect things a little. Thanks.
  10. At least put it in the right truck
  11. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Going to put this in the preload training packets we hand out.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. They can't read...why bother
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

They can read, just don't care
  14. Cuts into their smoking dope time
  15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

All NDA's where they are supposed to be. Shelf fitting packages on the correct shelf. No 4000 packages in the 7000 section. Asking for zero misloads daily these days seems to be asking to much. Keep misloads to a max of 2-3 per week. The load should at least look like the preloader somewhat cared
  16. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Pre loaders smoke dope?
    Didn't know that
  17. Oh..yes they do
    Big time.
  18. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1456193924.716876.jpgdont do this and I won't complain about much else
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

That looks solid... One of the better loads I've ever seen
  20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

See what @dookie stain posted........don't do that.

Do this instead......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016