Opps! Here We Go Again!

menotyou

bella amicizia
We should have never touched the place. Since we did, it should be a big oil rig with a US Flag on it. Welcome to USA East.

bbsam

Staff member
When are those people gonna realize that "freedom isn't free"? Sometimes it's not freedom, but that's beside the point. They still need to learn to govern by bumper sticker.

island1fox

I have already stated my position on this subject.
It is time to bring our brave troops home from both of those corrupt countries.

packageguy

yes mrfedex , but it's not about money, it's about americans, american lives,
like the president said we can always print more money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, what about the trillions of $$$ that Bush invested there. Think some of that might have hurt us financially? Nah.

We've been 'hurt' mucho times over since '08 !!! many more trillions in debt.....no transparency.......bowing to the bad guy terrorist leaders......spending rampages........no guts......ignores the will of the people .....uses fear & intimidation to achieve his goals (bully)..........etc. etc.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We've been 'hurt' mucho times over since '08 !!! many more trillions in debt.....no transparency.......bowing to the bad guy terrorist leaders......spending rampages........no guts......ignores the will of the people .....uses fear & intimidation to achieve his goals (bully)..........etc. etc.

PoliticalCartoon-Singapore.jpg

wkmac

But we haven't been attacked again since 9/11. Wasn't that the proof that the wars working when Bush was in office? What changed?

Great questions and I know just the guy to ask for the answers. His name is Tim Osman. Now only if we could just find him.

Speaking of attacks, some time back I ran across an Al Jazeera article on Al Qaeda attacks, affiliated Al Qaeda attacks and loosely connected attacks done by other transnational groups and the low level % of success I have to admit I was even surprised at. Out of 59 total events documented over the last 20 years up to 2009', only 14 events were successful meaning 45 events were failure or about 25% success rate. I would have guessed higher if put on the spot.

From the piece.
How effective is formal terrorist training for the successful completion of a plot?
· 16 al-Qaeda Core trained networks:
o 3 succeeded (1993 World Trade Center bombing; 9/11/01; and 7/7/05 London underground bombing) [19 oer cent]
o 2 failed to explode (2001 Shoe bomber; 7/21/05 London underground plot)
o 11 were detected and arrested beforehand
· 10 al-Qaeda Affiliate trained networks
o 2 GIA networks succeeded (1994 AF hijack; 1995 wave of bombing in France) [20 per cent]
o 1 failed to explode (1996 Lille plot)
o 7 were detected and arrested beforehand (including Hofstad network)
· 20 al-Qaeda Inspired networks (no formal training)
o 2 succeeded (2004 Madrid bombings & 2004 Bouyeri assassination of van Gogh)[10 per cent, but only 5 per cent if we do not count the assassination, which requires no training]
o 3 failed to explode
o 16 were detected and arrested beforehand.
The above results seem to indicate that formal training matters. Both al-Qaeda Core and al-Qaeda Affiliate formal training resulted in an approximate success rate of 20 per cent, while lack of training led to a success rate of 10 per cent. So, training doubles the probability of success in a terrorist network.

Al Qaeda Facts and Figures

Not sure if you are familar with the Durand Line but as events in Pakistan and the Pashtuns have built, I've read more on what was called Pashtunistan and the after effects of the Durand Line. IMO sure makes for a much more interesting picture over there when you understand that part of the puzzle.

:peaceful: