Ops Manager Busted

CJinx

All it says it Operations Manager. I guess Ground doesn't have operations to manage. Either way, she's the new breed of FedEx manager.
We have Ops Managers and Ops Admins. They did away with service manager, dock manager, QA Clerk and Admin Associate job titles.

Whats in the Box

She deserves her termination and her civil crimes. Apples product packages are the hottest items through our sort systems and tracked daily from pickup scan to the last p.o.d. delivery scan. A stolen ~$300 Ipad,-pod,-phone is not worth losing a decent FedEx job.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
She deserves her termination and her civil crimes. Apples product packages are the hottest items through our sort systems and tracked daily from pickup scan to the last p.o.d. delivery scan. A stolen ~$300 Ipad,-pod,-phone is not worth losing a decent FedEx job.

Welcome newest purple kool aid drinker.

CJinx

Well, they are right. Would you throw away a manager's salary for some Apple products and a criminal record?

Artee

I thought managers earned a decent salary?

Not even close. They only start out at $62.5K. One manager I know was only making $69k after 7 years of being a manager. Heck he had a handful of couriers that were making over $80k a year and put in less hours than him. All the years I have been at FDX its always been a paycut to become a manager.

whenIgetthere

Not even close. They only start out at $62.5K. One manager I know was only making $69k after 7 years of being a manager. Heck he had a handful of couriers that were making over $80k a year and put in less hours than him. All the years I have been at FDX its always been a paycut to become a manager.

Can't beat the managers hours here. Good luck finding a manager in the building after 2 pm.

P

prodriver

Well, they are right. Would you throw away a manager's salary for some Apple products and a criminal record?

The thief not only lost a good job but with a criminal record she sure messed up her future job opportunities.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hey, UFB. Love the username.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Oh, stop lying! EVERYONE knows that managers make giant bucks and get HUGE bonuses every month! I read it here, it must be true!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, stop lying! EVERYONE knows that managers make giant bucks and get HUGE bonuses every month! I read it here, it must be true!

Long-term managers do quite well, even at the Ops Manager level. If you are in an upper-end market and have enough years of service, you would be making good money (over 100K). These are precisely the ones Fred would like to get rid of and replace with all of those Stanford and Yale MBAs who are just chomping at the bit competing for a coveted FedEx job....uh, no. New Express managers tend to be high-school graduates who want off the road because they were crap couriers....with predictable results. I'm guessing you fit this criteria, Suck-Boy.

CJinx

You can't really argue with the work:reward ratio, as long as you don't mind the occasional shadiness to keep from getting into the cross-hairs of the district level authority.

SmithBarney

Not even close. They only start out at $62.5K. One manager I know was only making $69k after 7 years of being a manager...

ONLY? that's 3 times what I made last year, and yes I'm a FT CRR with less than 10 years service... sign me up.. maybe.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Long-term managers do quite well, even at the Ops Manager level. If you are in an upper-end market and have enough years of service, you would be making good money (over 100K).

But for the other 92% of ops mgrs...

These are precisely the ones Fred would like to get rid of and replace with all of those Stanford and Yale MBAs who are just chomping at the bit competing for a coveted FedEx job....uh, no. New Express managers tend to be high-school graduates who want off the road because they were crap couriers....with predictable results. I'm guessing you fit this criteria, Suck-Boy.

It takes a lot of insecurity to cause a person to lash out like that.