Ops Manager Busted

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, there were problems. Epic cluster? Nope.

Epic cluster is putting it mildly. I think they're just trying to save some image after losing a huge customer by failing in a very public fashion. You can blame the weather, or excess volume, or even the Pope if you'd like. The truth is that FedEx screwed-up huge, and you're here to try and put-out the flaming pile of :censored2: that is 110 feet high and burning out of control.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't hear anybody but a few here and Bezos even mentioning peak problems anymore. I don't see WalMart bashing Fedex service. Haven't seen Shutterfly or Harry & David's come out and say anything. This "epic cluster" fits MFE's narrative, but system wide I don't think the issues were threatening to future business.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
why would I invent a dummy to argue with when there are real life dummies here to argue with?
To deflect the accurate opinion that you're a shill. Once the gig was up "Thunder" miraculously disappeared. What a coincidence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't hear anybody but a few here and Bezos even mentioning peak problems anymore. I don't see WalMart bashing Fedex service. Haven't seen Shutterfly or Harry & David's come out and say anything. This "epic cluster" fits MFE's narrative, but system wide I don't think the issues were threatening to future business.

Short Memory Syndrome. My expectation is that discussions of the FedEx Peak failure aren't generally publicized, except as an excuse. Amazon needed one, so they made it public. Other companies will privately decide that FedEx service sucks and plan accordingly.

P

prodriver

Short Memory Syndrome. My expectation is that discussions of the FedEx Peak failure aren't generally publicized, except as an excuse. Amazon needed one, so they made it public. Other companies will privately decide that FedEx service sucks and plan accordingly.

At our terminal our volume is 18% higher than this time last year, the only day amazon hits us hard is on sat. So when is all the companies gonna jump ship and where are they going?

bbsam

Staff member
You really are becoming a caricature of yourself.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You really are becoming a caricature of yourself.

You're really becoming a corporate apologist, which is annoying because you used to be capable of having a good discussion. Now, you're just like Dano, deflecting and dodging so FedEx looks "good".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Weak and pathetic.

Yes, you are. You've become an apologist and flack for the company. Anything they screw-up, you rationalize away...just like Dano. Now, the usual suspects are trying to paint a picture of Peak being a non-event. Hardly. As long as you're rolling in the green, it's all good, right? That is pathetic. Sell-out.

bbsam

Staff member
Nobody's even talking about peak anymore unless we're planning for next peak. There's nothing to defend.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, you are. You've become an apologist and flack for the company. Anything they screw-up, you rationalize away...just like Dano. Now, the usual suspects are trying to paint a picture of Peak being a non-event. Hardly. As long as you're rolling in the green, it's all good, right? That is pathetic. Sell-out.
and we did just fine through peak, thank you very much.

P

prodriver

It went smooth for ground in large part to having the guarantee stop after Dec 17 vs Dec 23 for Express.

Our volume dropped off on 21st(sat) on that mon-23rd we were still relatively heavy, on the 24th it was over. Our cutoff gets closer to Christmas every year, but its still not where you guys cutoff is.

MAKAVELI

Our volume dropped off on 21st(sat) on that mon-23rd we were still relatively heavy, on the 24th it was over. Our cutoff gets closer to Christmas every year, but its still not where you guys cutoff is.
Like I said your cutoff was the 17th while ours was the 23rd. Our volume kept on climbing everyday. Ground hired temp drivers while express didn't. And with Amazon prime giving free 2day shipping, and bad weather exacerbating the situation, we couldn't catch up.

P

prodriver

Like I said your cutoff was the 17th while ours was the 23rd. Our volume kept on climbing everyday. Ground hired temp drivers while express didn't. And with Amazon prime giving free 2day shipping, and bad weather exacerbating the situation, we couldn't catch up.

With several shippers the cutoff date with ground is closer to Christmas, our "lines" are a lot faster than they used to be. Dillard's has a distribution centers close to terminal and we got a lot of that late as well as a few big shippers a state away. If we would have run regular crews there's no way it would have gotten done.

MAKAVELI

With several shippers the cutoff date with ground is closer to Christmas, our "lines" are a lot faster than they used to be. Dillard's has a distribution centers close to terminal and we got a lot of that late as well as a few big shippers a state away. If we would have run regular crews there's no way it would have gotten done.
You may have gotten that volume but it wasn't guaranteed after the 17th. There was a huge surge the week before Christmas with online shopping and most of that volume was going through the express system because of the ridiculous cutoff of the 23rd. The combination of poor planning, bad weather, and record volume is what caused the failures.