Ops manager interview tomorrow

Artee

First I know I'm gonna catch slack for this.

I've done a salary interview in Memphis before. But does anyone know some specific questions they ask in the Ops manager interview? I have a general idea of what will take place and such.
Also how about some presentation topics they pic? I know the 30-60-90 day plan one.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.
Jokes and knocks are appreciated as well lol, thanks

If you are interviewing for a DGO job on the west coast and the seniors name starts with a W, PM me the location and I will let you know whether to run or not. That station has been the arm pit of FedEx since I transferred to the area 22 years ago. Managers stepping down like crazy from there the last few months. Only 3 managers left and one is hurt and is trying to stay out as long as he can. Another is waiting until his two year commitment is up, which is very soon and is looking to get back to a managers job on the east coast. The third just got there a few months ago and oh my is he lost and he has been a manager for over 10 years. Look for a AGFS management job and skip DGO if at all possible. DGO is so screwed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So many interviews are just so you can be the other interview.. Most interviews are already decided before the process even begins..it's usually a good ol boy thing.. And unless you have the inside track you can probably figure on not getting it.

It depends. If they are paying to bring you in from out of town, they have a legitimate interest. I have never seen a person brought in just to make the interview numbers look good unless it was a local that they didn't have to pay travel expenses for. The inside track is not required but it sure as hell doesn't hurt. You still have to not screw up the interview.

59 Dano

If you are interviewing for a DGO job on the west coast and the seniors name starts with a W, PM me the location and I will let you know whether to run or not.

I wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I had some advice for him if things got muddy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It depends. If they are paying to bring you in from out of town, they have a legitimate interest. I have never seen a person brought in just to make the interview numbers look good unless it was a local that they didn't have to pay travel expenses for. The inside track is not required but it sure as hell doesn't hurt. You still have to not screw up the interview.

Absolute lie. I have seen many people flown-in who had zero chance of getting the job. The local blowboy/blowgirl had already been pre-selected and FedEx needed to interview enough minorities etc. in order to make it all look legit.

You'll say anything.

59 Dano

Absolute lie. I have seen many people flown-in who had zero chance of getting the job. The local blowboy/blowgirl had already been pre-selected and FedEx needed to interview enough minorities etc. in order to make it all look legit.

You'll say anything.

Says the guy with over 14,000 posts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Says the guy with over 14,000 posts.

Irrelevant. I've seen it happen many times. We had one District Director (the pre-MD terminology) who had a hand-picked cadre of butt kissers who basically did all of his work for him. If anything went wrong, they would stumble over each other trying to cover each others ass. All white men, young, and every one of them wore a shirt and tie to work every day. No touching any disgusting freight for these folks.

Our district was very diverse, and we had lots of very qualified minorities and women. Not a single one ever got hired, even though 75% of them were far better qualified than the Butt Boys.

We used to call the The Dead Managers Society, because they were all basically brain dead, and they followed the DD like he was a god.

59 Dano

Irrelevant. I've seen it happen many times. We had one District Director (the pre-MD terminology) who had a hand-picked cadre of butt kissers who basically did all of his work for him. If anything went wrong, they would stumble over each other trying to cover each others ass. All white men, young, and every one of them wore a shirt and tie to work every day. No touching any disgusting freight for these folks.

Our district was very diverse, and we had lots of very qualified minorities and women. Not a single one ever got hired, even though 75% of them were far better qualified than the Butt Boys.

We used to call the The Dead Managers Society, because they were all basically brain dead, and they followed the DD like he was a god.

Well thanks for that insight into what happened during the Stone Age. Next time, try posting a made-up anecdote that is actually from this century.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well thanks for that insight into what happened during the Stone Age. Next time, try posting a made-up anecdote that is actually from this century.
Such a comment from someone who only sees FedEx as Fantasyland. Or I mean Station 1. Or is it Shillville?