Option 3 non union agreement

wornoutupser

Here we go in Central Florida again!

We did our option and vacation picks and this year tops them all.

If you picked option 3 for days off, there was a statement beside your signature that said that all days off must be approved by management IN ADVANCE.

How in the heck do you plan on being sick in advance? I scratched through that and wrote "not in contract" beside my name!

S

speeddemon

What a bunch of MORONS running your center. And they wonder why things dont run smooth at thier center trying to put crap like that past you.

wornoutupser

What a bunch of MORONS running your center. And they wonder why things dont run smooth at thier center trying to put crap like that past you.

Speed,
My building has been this way for over 20 years and UPS cannot figure why we are one of the highest greivance filing buildings in the entire country!

Jim Kemp

We had that same thing on our sheet. Union B.A. said they are blowing smoke. Center mgrs can not add language to the contract. The added phrase means nothing.

Bad Gas!

I'm glad to hear that this is bad language and not new language in the new contract.I noticed it also...My steward says it is a courtesy but not a requirement to arrange opt 3 days...I like his view..

SuperSup

Management: Those who manage the business. Hourly: Those who work as directed, and are paid for obedience, not for thinking. Suck it up and follow the program of those who know.

chev

Nightcrawler
Management: Those who manage the business. Hourly: Those who work as directed, and are paid for obedience, not for thinking. Suck it up and follow the program of those who know.
Yes, and we lowly hourlys have something for you to suck up.
We follow a contract. You should try reading that. Let us all know how you make out when you lose your job due to company cutbacks and have no bargaining unit to back your "out of work" ass up.

Last edited:
The FMLA is for medical purposes only. Although one might be able to fanagile a way around the proof of need, but that is dangerous grounds to be standing on. However once it is approved, it is approved. I think I would prefer to save the FMLA for what it is intended instead of just a way to get a day off every now and then.

UPSNewbie

Not to think? Arrest me now, Thought Police.

*Edit*
If you don't get that, you need to read a book.