Option days.....what are my rights?

Inthegame

By notifying UPS in the proper time frame, you have fulfilled YOUR contractual requirement re: option day request. Tell your manager you are notifying your BA that UPS is not fulfilling their contractual obligation. Call your steward and your BA. Operational needs do not trump the contract.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
By notifying UPS in the proper time frame, you have fulfilled YOUR contractual requirement re: option day request. Tell your manager you are notifying your BA that UPS is not fulfilling their contractual obligation. Call your steward and your BA. Operational needs do not trump the contract.

Agreed. I have an another avenue to pursue.....FMLA. Let them try to turn that one down.

bjamm

Agreed. I have an another avenue to pursue.....FMLA. Let them try to turn that one down.

They tried it with me when my child was born. I had the Dr office fax in my FLMA for me. Sitting on the managers desk when I got in, he says, "I got your paperwork and just letting you know it got denied. You get 5 days off and then you need to be back at work." I said ok whatever you say boss...

I called the dr office again, this time faxed to the HR office and got a call 2 hours later, "How many weeks do you want off" I ended up taking 3 weeks just because, before the incident i was only going to take 2 weeks.

Also for option days, they are YOUR option days. Our union told us even if you call, be able to have a phone record that you called and there will be no problem. They purposely don't answer the phones in the morning to make everyone come in..

Being that you turned it in a long time ago, they had 24 hours to notify you in writing. If they didnt deny it within 24 hours then you got the day off.

I wouldnt say another word about it and just not show up. Let them call you in the morning as you are on your vacation :)

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Well.....Just an update. Got a phone call from my supervisor today. She had discussed my situation with our manager. He told her to make the call. She said she was going to do the right thing. I got all my option days that I requested and she said she would make it work. There is some "good" left in UPS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well.....Just an update. Got a phone call from my supervisor today. She had discussed my situation with our manager. He told her to make the call. She said she was going to do the right thing. I got all my option days that I requested and she said she would make it work. There is some "good" left in UPS.

Glad to hear that you have Sup's who will still do something right for their workers.

Enjoy your time off