Option week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownupser, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Brownupser

Brownupser New Member

Started with 58 hours. Took two days and now have 40hours. What happened to my two extra hours? Has this happened to anybody?

2. Number24

Number24 #24

You must be new here. UPS usually likes shaving off hours from time to time. It's pretty tragic. Honestly idk, it's happened to most of us...

3. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

You donated them......, unknowingly.

4. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

How generous of him

5. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

How many hours did they pay you for the 2 days you took?

Did they pay you for 9 hours per day? I am guessing yes.

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I give time back sometimes.

7. moldsporh

moldsporh Active Member

Op, you need to clarify what's going on. Two days, lunch hour both days, not sure what you're asking.

8. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

He is quite clear. He said he had 58 hours of vacation available. He used 2 days and now shows 40 hours available.

He is guessing that he was paid for 8 hours each day he took totaling 16 hours.

He had 58 hours, minus the 16 he took, should have left him with 42 hours left.

He is only showing 40 hours left. What happened to the other 2 hours.

My guess was that he was paid 9 hours each day for the 2 days he took.

Where I am, our vacation days are paid at 9 hours per day, 45 hours for the week, and the option days are paid at 10 hours per day, 50 hours for the week.

9. Brownupser

Brownupser New Member

Paid 8 hrs per day

10. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

We don't put in how many hours of pay you get for nonwork. It's a single code.

11. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

OK. So you have a legitimate question. Where did the other 2 hours go?

Maybe you should ask your sup to check with payroll and find out.

12. jbg77

jbg77 Active Member

It happened to me as a pt'er. I had 29hrs and took 2 days. Was showing 21hrs and mysteriously lost 1 hr?

13. jbg77

jbg77 Active Member

Now showing 20hrs

14. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

when we use our other days( sick days ) we are paid at 9 hours

15. moldsporh

moldsporh Active Member

Ok, when I saw the title of option week, I was thinking he was just talking about his regular personal days....obviously he floated a vacation week.

So that sounds correct, vacation weeks are paid 45 hours straight pay, 9 hrs per day.

If you use two floaters that's 18 hours. I'm pretty sure if you use them for a layoff day you will get docked 9 hrs instead of a regular personal or sick day of only 8 hrs.

Sounds normal to me.

16. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Correct me if I'm wrong,but when you take option 3(individual days)you only get 7 eight hour days.
    7x8=56-2 eight hour days off=40? If you take option 1 or 2 the week off or buy back then you get 58. That's how it works here.

17. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Here, it doesn't matter if you take the time off or sell it back. Same hours.

18. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Guess it depends on the OP and what he/she gets. Sounds to me like they get paid out as I do.

19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Our option week is 45 hours.

20. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

How long should an option week take to cash out? I've asked my center manager four times since I filled out the form and he keeps "forgetting" to submit it