Option weeks and the new contract

[quote="d-rek357, post: 1333054, member: 12705" This is my original and only account. More of a lerker than a poster.

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed reading posts from you as well as Upstate and many many others.

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote]
Ok cool!...So what was your question? I assume It wasnt about pocket pool?...lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to disagree, I had a question the other day, Upstate and many others had helpful comments until you and your boys derailed it with talks of "pocket pool."You may have had helpful comments as well but I don't recall.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The simpleminded insist upon derailing nearly every thread which gets old really quick.

That's probably something lower seniority drivers would love. The higher seniority guys won't because they were made to take what's left when they were climbing the ladder.

My fathers company did it exactly this way.

What needs to be realized is that the higher seniority employees will ALWAYS have first choice each lap of the calender as picks are made.
Each lap fewer and fewer junior employees will bid so the senior folks will still have weeks to choose from.
By the end the only people choosing weeks will be the highest seniority which is exactly how our current system starts out now.
The ONLY factor to employees of any seniority is the they should prioritize what weeks are most important and make them their first pick. If not you risk that week being gone the next lap. If you didn't choose then it's on you.

I have 28 years in just for reference.

By The Book

I don't know if your fathers vacation selection process will ever be implemented at ups but I have switched with lower seniority guys on occasion.

10 point

Trash talk In, trash talk out! im by far, not the best poster, nor am I a Jackazz..............just saying!
This is a great place to vent. It's better than venting to your family because they've heard it way too many times already. It's not that we want cross examined here we just want to decompress many times.

My wife heard my complaints about sups lying with a straight face and yet we lose employees because they've been deemed "dishonest". She said that I will have to get used to it. I never will "get used to it". So I vent here when necessary and I know many here understand.