Optional days

hey,

I'm a part time unloaded in cach in hodgkins
I was wondering how optional days work. How far in advance do I have to ask for one? Can they decline giving me an optional day? What happens if I ask and says no. And I have to miss. Can I fight it if he tries to write me up?
I've never had this problem, but this supervisor is giving me a hard time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
hey,

I'm a part time unloaded in cach in hodgkins
I was wondering how optional days work. How far in advance do I have to ask for one? Can they decline giving me an optional day? What happens if I ask and says no. And I have to miss. Can I fight it if he tries to write me up?
I've never had this problem, but this supervisor is giving me a hard time.
How high are you on the seniority list?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We only get one personal day here, which has to be scheduled 7 days in advance, and yes, they can deny them.

We also get an option week though, which you can schedule when you pick your vacation weeks, or choose to take them as single days. You don't have to schedule those in advance, but a lot of times they give you hell for using them without notice.

If you don't want no for answer don't ask, just call in.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The other consideration is absenteeism. If you're not one to call in sick often and the like, by all means go ahead. If however you get too many of these occurrences too close together (here it's 5 in a rolling 9 month window) you'll start creating a paper trail. Normally any days they authorize, like optionals, do not count as absenteeism.

9.5 everyday

When I was low on the totem pole, I used sick days for any necessary days off. That way I couldn't be told no, and was still paid. It usually takes a bit of seniority to use optional days on Friday's and Monday's in the summer. We are 8 days in advance here.

Indecisi0n

You have to give them 7 days notice but if you want to take a lay off day at THEIR convenience they allow you to burn them. Nopeeeeeeeee