Order of protection

Returntosender

call the hotline number record the conversation with a recorder. if the attacks continue let the sup Physically attack you. Then sue ups. You have the hotline conversation on tape. UPS cant deny they did't know of the situation, you have it on tape. If UPS sups think you're weak they will abuse/harrass you. You can use that precieved weakness in your favor. Play the role of weak person. Then at the apporpriate time turn the tables on sup. Be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yes, I was shoulder-checked. It wasn't a mere bump as she walked by. I stumbled. I can only surmise as to what her intentions were. I do know that if I had fallen the way I stumbled, I would have done serious damage to my freshly healed discectomy and plating. What reason? I do not know. Re-injury, I say. (I could guess for you. Not all the reasons would make me look good, either. I am not perfect. I am a bit of a smartass.)
I do know that she was spoken with after this by the DM.
I do know that senior people on preload left for local sort because they felt she was discriminatory in her actions towards them.
I refused to work with her after said incident.
I could have had her arrested, but didn't. I did file a report. The troopers did warn her to stay away from me. I wasn't trying to get her fired, just away from me.
There are people in the world who want you as miserable as they are. I believe she is not a happy person.
This is the same sort that I was written up for not working on a day I was not scheduled to work. Not just sick, not scheduled. There is A LOT more.

You say " I stumbled" and she shoulder checked you...mmmm.
She would have to know you were going to stumble...mmmm.
The DM told you she wouldn't be promoted...mmmm.
The troopers told her to stay away from you, even though she works in your building and supervises you....hrmph.
Your story, lets say...doesn't make any sense...help us out.

UPSGUY72

The troopers told her to stay away from you, even though she works in your building and supervises you....hrmph.

+1

I'll leave it at that I'm mean how due you explain to your friends that a WOMEN almost took you out on purpose when YOU stumbled.

SWORDFISH

True. However, which person gets terminated it up in the air at this point.
I would think the hourly would be terminated while the supervisor would be transferred.
In my area UPS takes this very seriously. We have never seen a person return that has been involved in this kind of thing management or hourly.

I was intentionally shoulder-checked by my supervisor. I had returned to work after surgery for a workplace injury. I believe the intent was to re-injure me. No one saw the shoulder-check itself, but did witness the aftermath. I filed police report and called 800 #. She was talked to by DM. She is still employed, although it has been said she will not be promoted.

I would push the issue pretty hard to see her dismissed. This behavior is unacceptable.

Dragon I believe the poster means that he stumbled as a result of the contact intiated by the supervisor. I think you guys are being a little harsh for not having all the info IMO.

menotyou

bella amicizia

If you could read, you wouldn't have butchered my post.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In my area UPS takes this very seriously. We have never seen a person return that has been involved in this kind of thing management or hourly.

I would push the issue pretty hard to see her dismissed. This behavior is unacceptable.

Dragon I believe the poster means that he stumbled as a result of the contact intiated by the supervisor. I think you guys are being a little harsh for not having all the info IMO.
I believe that to be true because he knew exactly what my post said and he intentionally twisted it. That is what is wrong with most of the management I have had contact with. There a very few out there that will do the right thing. I only ask to be able to do my job to the best of my ability. That isn't good enough anymore, though.

I am a WOMAN. I appreciate the fact you all thought I was a man, but I am all woman.
She is number one in the district for discipline, which is the most important thing for UPS, as most of you are finding out. That is "probably" why she is still here. That and the fact you can't get sludge to work as management in our building.
This was not the first interaction this person and I have had.
It was the last time she tried any bull****.
As for Dragon, if you shoulder-check someone, you are intentionally ramming your shoulder into theirs. I don't think she expected me to stumble. I think her intentions were much worse. Would you like to speak to the trooper? Her last name is *****. I will double-check my paperwork, if you like. I doubt a NYS Trooper would mislead me. You are welcome to call. I doubt that any story would be good enough for management, Dragon. As is the reason she is still employed. Is she as sweet as pie to me, now? YES. Does she go out of her way to stay away from me? YES. Is she my supervisor, now? No. Do you have a clue about the politics in my building? No. I bet if UpstateNYUpser was told her name, and he asked a certain part-time supervisor, interesting comments would flow.
I appreciate SWORDFISH standing up for me, even though he couldn't be sure it was worth it. More people need to be like this. The world would be a lot more pleasant.
She should have been fired. An hourly driver with 26 yrs seniority was fired for threatening to shove a piece of paper(add/cut) up the dispatcher's ass. The supervisor that struck me is the dispatcher's underling. The hourly driver just got divorced a couple years before, plus some other crap. He killed himself the day it was determined that they would give him his job back. 13 drivers quit the safety committee after that. We don't have a safety committee, today.
Management took advantage of his death by cutting his job. Attrition.

My building is.:censored2: This :censored2: does happen in the real world. Be lucky, some of you, that your managers actually have ethics(or too many eyes watching), alas, most of mine do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thank you. The details are that I walked into building with having returned from airport with truck full of air. Preload still in feeders. Supervisor was splitting. I walked up and started splitting ahead of her. She went into DA. Preload was shorthanded. The conversation from the loaders concerned packages from DA that had bad PAL's. Preloaders were wisecracking that I could do a better job as the was my previous gig. I was laughing because there were a lot of drivers making the same comments. She came around DA, And as she walked by, I was shoulder checked/blocked- whatever term fits your fancy. That is how the incident occurred. Hindsight dictates that I should have called troopers immediately, instead of alerting my management team first. I had time to reflect and let my nicer side take hold. That is the reason I only filed a report instead of having charges pressed as the trooper suggested.
Any more details wanted?

tieguy

Banned
I am a WOMAN. I appreciate the fact you all thought I was a man, but I am all woman.

I thought so. you laughed about my shots and actually considered my advice where guys tend to quickly close their ears and minds. The female shoulder check was the final straw for me. I couldnt see a women trying to shoulder check a guy though I guess its possible.

She is number one in the district for discipline, which is the most important thing for UPS, as most of you are finding out. That is "probably" why she is still here. That and the fact you can't get sludge to work as management in our building.
This was not the first interaction this person and I have had.
It was the last time she tried any bull****.

that was the intent behind my original question. The accusation of a shoulder check to me means you have to have a reason to believe she did it. If there had been no other problems between you and her then you would not have had any reason to believe she did it. Are you absolutely sure she checked you and not that she stumbled or walked into you by mistake. The reason I ask is not to defend her but because you're accusing her of taking a risk that could have gotten her fired. I like most people I work with. I definitely would not shoulder check the few I have disliked. In fact I probably would have gone out of my way to stay completely clear of those people just to avoid any such contact being misinterpreted.

As for Dragon, if you shoulder-check someone, you are intentionally ramming your shoulder into theirs. I don't think she expected me to stumble. I think her intentions were much worse. Would you like to speak to the trooper? Her last name is Morrow, I believe. I will double-check my paperwork, if you like. I doubt a NYS Trooper would mislead me. You are welcome to call. I doubt that any story would be good enough for management, Dragon. As is the reason she is still employed. Is she as sweet as pie to me, now? YES. Does she go out of her way to stay away from me? YES. Is she my supervisor, now? No. Do you have a clue about the politics in my building? No. I bet if UpstateNYUpser was told her name, and he asked a certain part-time supervisor, interesting comments would flow.
I appreciate SWORDFISH standing up for me, even though he couldn't be sure it was worth it. More people need to be like this. The world would be a lot more pleasant.
She should have been fired. An hourly driver with 26 yrs seniority was fired for threatening to shove a piece of paper(add/cut) up the dispatcher's ass. The supervisor that struck me is the dispatcher's underling. The hourly driver just got divorced a couple years before, plus some other crap. He killed himself the day it was determined that they would give him his job back. 13 drivers quit the safety committee after that. We don't have a safety committee, today.
Management took advantage of his death by cutting his job. Attrition.

Swordfish's support is good but it may not help you much. I think you may have issues that are hurting you here.
Sounds like you're pretty convinced. Now the tough question that may come up when many read your comments. I believe you believe it happened. You have pretty much sold yourself to me as being someone who is concerned about being a good upser. I think I could work with you and find you to be an asset to the company. Though the meatballs and ghoulash may not fit in well with my workout / eating plan.....:) At the same time I would wonder if you would misinterperet incidental issues from me as deliberate. No offense just what I read from your posts.

The tough question - many of us when we hear these charges may think it takes two to tango. There are usually very few victims in a pissing contest. To believe you got shoulder checked you had to believe your relationship with her was such that she would do something like this or want to do something like this for some reason. Thus the question what part did you play in this pissing contest. Is there any chance you have a suspicious nature that may be fueling these thoughts of evil companys and shoulder checking supervisors?

it is interesting that you mention upstate in the same building since he seems to have a different outlook and not let things get to him at work.

I ask because somewhere down the road you have to finish your brown journey. To do so I think you have to get to a state of mind that shakes of some of the suspicions and paranoia's that you may presently have. your present mindset may not be healthy and certainly not condusive to finishing that journey. At some point I think you have to realize that there is good and bad every where. In the driver ranks as well as the management ranks.

My building is :censored2:. This :censored2: does happen in the real world. Be lucky, some of you, that your managers actually have ethics(or too many eyes watching), alas, most of mine do not.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I laugh because things are funny, and yes, I take advice. I am open-minded.

We did not get along. I have said I am not perfect. I didn't go to management school and have my soul sucked out. I admit I am a smart ass. Actually, several times in a variety of threads.
I have a sweet ass, too. Should I post that?
The fact that you would go out of your way to point out a potential animosity does not answer why she does what she does.
She didn't stumble. I did. She smirked, when I asked her why she hit me, right then. I have worked with his person long enough to know the facial expressions. I, also, said she is the type that doesn't want anyone happy, if she isn't. I know that these things are on record.
Why wasn't I allowed on belt when I was steward, Mr. Meatball?
I do not enjoy the state of mind that I have about management. I don't know what else to say on that, considering my experiences.
I did not say upstate was in the same building. Read again.
I know there are good and bad in everyone. Again, read my posts. I clearly state in one that I am not perfect. I, also said that I didn't press charges. That was nice towards management. I can think of a lot of other things that I have done to be nice to management.

I wish just once that you would admit I have been :censored2: on.

After I get my vaca check, that is.

I find that I am not smiling so much playing with you. Go figure.

Meatballs and goulash?

Can I get three guesses who you are?

tieguy

Banned
I wish just once that you would admit I have been :censored2: on.

After I get my vaca check, that is.

I find that I am not smiling so much playing with you. Go figure.

you've made the accusation of physical violence. The natural question then is why this person would do so. Why would this person risk their full time career job to take a shot at you.

There are legitimate questions here to ask when someone makes these accusations.

you have chosen to make these accusations here in this venue. You wont always like the questions or the responses.

I wont say you have been :censored2: on I also wont deny the possibility that it happened. Thus the questions I asked.

menotyou

bella amicizia
you've made the accusation of physical violence. The natural question then is why this person would do so. Why would this person risk their full time career job to take a shot at you.

There are legitimate questions here to ask when someone makes these accusations.

you have chosen to make these accusations here in this venue. You wont always like the questions or the responses.

I wont say you have been :censored2: on I also wont deny the possibility that it happened. Thus the questions I asked.
I can't answer why this person would act in a certain manner, as I am not this person.
I have answered this repeatedly.

No more meatballs for you.

SWORDFISH

I gave Dragon the benefit of the doubt because hes a good guy and though it seemed he may be attaking you I hoped he wasnt based on past experience.

over9five

Staff member
I've deleted several posts in this thread. No more flaming, please. I invite both of you to review the TOS, which may be found here.

Thanks