Orientation complete! What next?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Scuderia1, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Scuderia1

Scuderia1 Member

I have finished my orientation. Here is my schedule. It is a little different.

The first in-class portion is finished. We shadow a driver Monday and Tues then day off. Then on Thursday the final exam. Friday off, I was advised after that who knows what could happen.

Is there a chance they can delay the job? After orientation it doesn't make sense. Does anybody know about first 30 days?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

There are finals at UPS?

3. Future

Future Well-Known Member

You must through a extensive anal probe 2-3 hrs....for future endeavors.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Scud, your on-road training will depend upon volume, but I would think they would try to get you on road and trained as soon as possible.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Well, if you are a package car driver, they do "cram" every day...

6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

A Brown Micro Chip will be implanted in your anus to enable them to jam more up there !!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Scuderia1

Scuderia1 Member

Lol ok guys thanks for the input.

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

That's one phallic shaped microchip..lol.

9. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

You are at the mercy of volume and driver vacations. Learn as many routes as you can even if it means going out in the blind. The more routes you know, the more likely they will find something for you to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

He is trying to qualify. Will be on one route the whole 30 days. Hopefully. May have to wait for a sup who knows the training route is available to train you.

11. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Assume the position, I believe, is the proper response to your question.

12. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Like pt car wash said, he needs to be put on a " training route" to qualify. Learning routes is not an option for him at this time

13. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I misunderstood. I thought he got his 30 in. He should now learn the training route inside and out.

14. Scuderia1

Scuderia1 Member

Sounds good, they say it's good to arrive early so your days better. Do you folks do that and how early? All that I guess is off the clock right?

Sent using BrownCafe App

15. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

16. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

He would have to wait a while in my center. Our sups don't know a lot.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

17. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Find out where they plan on training you and go out in your personal vehicle between now and then and learn as much about the area as you can.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

18. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

To qualify I'd say 1 hour before start time so you can map out your Next day airs (NDA) and not feel rushed. Go over what stops you have and try to visualize the trace with your map.

Center and steward varies so ask your steward if you are able to set up a few stops before start time. Grouping your NDAs with their ground helps. After a week you should be familiar with the load and adjust things to make you faster.

I advise doing this ONLY while trying to qualify. Don't touch the load before start time once qualified.

19. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Do whatever you can to give yourself an edge while trying to make seniority, but don't ask a steward if you can prep your load off the clock because any good steward will tell you not to because if you get hurt the company will attempt to argue that you were not on the clock and contractually you can't start early if senior employees aren't allowed to start early.

20. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

Just depends on center. I lucked out since my steward and center manager allowed prepping off the clock to help with qualifying. Most of our senior drivers know newbies need all the help just to scratch and won't press that issue.

Once qualified, No driver works off the clock :)