Origins of New Year Resolutions

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My resolution is to hate dumb people, and arm my wife and I beyond belief, so WHEN the S Hits the fan, we'll be prepared :)

Pray for peace, but be prepared for war

wkmac

If you have to be so heavily armed where you live, I would make a resolution to improve my skills and economic position and work towards moving to such a place where being so armed is not needed.

The only time I find it necessary to tote, I'm caring a hawg leg because of rattlesnakes or wild hogs. And typically I try my best to leave the snakes be as I consider them a benefit unlike many humans I know!
;)

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you have to be so heavily armed where you live, I would make a resolution to improve my skills and economic position and work towards moving to such a place where being so armed is not needed.

LOL, You sound like TOS. I guess criminals can have EITHER a gun OR a car, but it's impossible for them to have both.

The area in which my wife and I live is fine and safe. You know what's another safe area? Newtown, CT. I have family there and it is a nice, safe and peaceful area 99% of the time.

If all this lawlessness continues, I'd like to be able to take care of myself and my family

wkmac

How can you live in an area that is "fine and safe" and yet be in an almost panic and worry over "If all this lawlessness continues"? And statistically speaking, crime has been on a real decline for over 2 decades now.

For someone who took the name Superballs, you aren't impressing me enough to think that you actually have any!

wkmac

Just an aside since you are fairly new here. TOS and I do disagree on one point. I think you should even be able to own a tank or rocket launcher if you got the money and means to own on. When it comes to such absolute freedom, TOS and I'm betting even you wouldn't go that far so there you go.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not in a panic, just not so naive to not see what's coming if the current trends continue.

Actually, my tank and rocket launcher are on order. Hope they get here soon so I can practice