Orion a disaster

C

chitterling

orion is a disaster ,I took 2 days of my human life to set my edd perfectly, think a computer can do that?, and tell me where is safe to stop and where to cut thru back yards to keep from getting rear ended ,NOTTTTTT!!!! somebody better back up and see that they are being sold an IDEA, not any sort of solution as usual these folks see a dot on a piece of paper and have no realistic view of the complexity of how we keep our customer's needs met

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So if I break trace to get to the grocery store whose receiving closes at noon it will now have me delivering that section even though I now have to run to Gamestop who is guaranteed a noon delivery? It's laughably scary the people making the decisions above us.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So if I break trace to get to the grocery store whose receiving closes at noon it will now have me delivering that section even though I now have to run to Gamestop who is guaranteed a noon delivery? It's laughably scary the people making the decisions above us.

Both places I could get to on trace if I left at 8:30 like I should instead of 9.

Overpaid Union Thug

I will enjoy digging stops out of the 8000 section in a cubed out P1000 in the summer.....NOT! I bet Orion gets shut down once everyone starts running hours over allowed every day. LOL! Whoever thought this up needs to be thoroughly tortured.

satellitedriver

Orion is a constellation commonly known as "The Hunter".
-(apropo moniker, for the UPS application)
Almost every ancient culture had a myth, and name, about this "star" cluster.
My personal favorite is the Hungarian name.
NIMROD.
Some nimrod talked other nimrod's into believing that a "self" learning program could "out think" the most complex computer known, the human brain.
I think the real name of the program is ORIAN, but, I am not software, so I must be wrong.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
From what I am hearing, ORIAN is pretty much like EDD on steroids. Or maybe a bad acid trip.

I currently run my rural route less than 35% according to EDD. If I followed EDD stop for stop, I would run out of gas at 10:00 at night and still have business stops and pickups left to do. ORIAN will be no different. I will ignore it just like I ignore EDD and instead rely on my 18 years of area knowledge to get the route done in the most efficient manner possible. If that does not work for them, I will simply shut my brain off and give them 100% compliance. I am predicting that they wont like the consequences of that decision very much.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yet even as we speak drivers get disciplined over not working shelf to shelf and sliding up your next 5 stops. This company is a classic.

tourists24

Yet even as we speak drivers get disciplined over not working shelf to shelf and sliding up your next 5 stops. This company is a classic.
As soon as the discipline starts this is exactly when those drivers need to turn off the brain and run that route "exactly" how it comes up in EDD.... that will solve the shelf to shelf problem. Just slide em up and run em.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
oh,, dont worry, if it goes co. wide it will look good on paper because operations will have to manipulate the truth to appease the mighty metric,,,oriion,, edd,, telematics,, if share owners really new true cost of these ""tools"""