Orion and an 8 hour request

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The 2 day advance notice is in the central region supplement.

Wrong.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

But bringing back the stops stems from a JAC decision not specific language, I believe.

Yep.

Sorry about the unclear language, I can phrase it better...

Since the ability to bring back excessive stops (on an 8 hr request) in the Central Region is not based on language exclusive to the Central Region Supplement...
Would the ability to bring back stops apply nationally?

It depends.

Are you a dues paying member ?

Or, a management person ?

-Bug-

O

OLDMAN3

The Central Region language for 8hr days is on page 234. Article 19 section 3. We do have specific language. You are correct on the JAC interpretation.
I am sorry if I was unclear...
In the Central we do have specific language regarding 8 hour requests, but I do not see any specific language about bringing back stops... Hence it is based on a JAC decision.

BUG: My bad...24 hour advance notice for an 8 hour request, did that change from 2 days or has it always been 24 hours?

I am a dues paying Teamster of over 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
It's my first time actually attempting to use Orion, it's slowing me down. That's the problem. Probably not the best day to give it a whirl on this route...
Of course it is its the the most non sensible purchase they have ever bought to cram down our throats so they can pat themselves on the back during their 3 o'clock tee time.

upsbeernut

Nah...my local doesn't have to work Black Friday. I'm sure they'll run a volunteer sort though..but they can't force us to work ;)

It's a joke...they parade the preload tours down our belts....out of 40 people...maybe 5 look under 30. Out of the dozens they hires this summer...most quit. One guy NC/NS yesterday...in his 3rd week....he showed up today. I don't know what my center manager said to him...but he left the office in tears..haven't seen him since. I guess he missed the memo...there's no crying at ups!
Someone is gonna blow at pleasantdale I just know it, I'm a hothead at work and yell funny truths and rumors that is reality unlike the smoke and mirrors that is daily. All the people with knowledge are gone and even my son worked there with an unbelievably good record for 5years just got pushed around from someone from new jersey and walked out.

undies

Slowly starting to notice routes being tuned to Orion and seeming similar to how the driver originally ran the route. Now they can run it over 85%! Success.

O

OLDMAN3

upsbeernut

Slowly starting to notice routes being tuned to Orion and seeming similar to how the driver originally ran the route. Now they can run it over 85%! Success.
That's because they stopped listening to us 10 years ago and won't admit to any failures or that the driver still has all the knowledge which a computer geek will never have about each route. Supervisors don't even know your route cause of the constant shifting around of different people which creates chaos. We had a center manager that was nicknamed captain chaos

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A route I ran when I was a cover guy just got changed after it got orion. They gave all his scheduled pickups to the next driver over who was already heavy and has a ups store then they gave the route 10 more stops. That route is even sweeter now without the pickups.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Imo we should have received another 8 hour request a month and make them so we can put them in 3 days ahead..not 7. Also 4 hours penalty pay if they load us up...With the company throwing the health care back to the union you would think that the union negotiation team would have been able to get us a few more small improvements weren't they in a position to do that??
No

The union wanted the healthcare. They had to give up certain things to get it. Not vice versa.