Orion and Backing

JackStraw

Just wondering if you've seen an uptick in BA's with all the backing this thing wants you to do. I've been following it in the 90's, but when it wants me to perform a K-turn I go to the end of the block or turn around in the T section.

Methods say dont back unless necessary and therefore on my route I will not back a P1000 in a driveway or another street just to turn around for Orion. I drive completly around the block and sometime that alone with add up to 2 miles. I'm usually over by anywhere from 12 to 18 miles everyday running my route at 91-95%. I can run it my way and save them miles but then I'm only about 70% and I've been instructed to run it well over 85%. System has much potential but was installed by complete idiots that contradict ever rule they set forward for us.

Rainman

Its all good.
Methods first, ORION second, third, or whatever your center tells you. Orion tells you the shortest way ( at least it is supposed to), but it doesn't take anything else into consideration when plotting your path. Use your best judgment , and try to work as much of Orion into your workday as is practical. This way you should stay out of trouble and keep your center team off your back at the same time.

slantnosechevy

Methods first, ORION second, third, or whatever your center tells you. Orion tells you the shortest way ( at least it is supposed to), but it doesn't take anything else into consideration when plotting your path. Use your best judgment , and try to work as much of Orion into your workday as is practical. This way you should stay out of trouble and keep your center team off your back at the same time.

Agreed. ...I gave them my version of a 3 day ride. I ran scratch at 72%,74,%,& 76% for 3 days then ran 1.45,1.55, & 1.51 over at 100%. with 3x the backs for 3 days. Then I got the help me out speech from kid supervisor. I asked him which way do you want it ? Never heard another word.

ymelord

I'm getting suspended tomorrow for running orion at 90%. I had 2 late air which wasn't orion's fault, just too much air, and missed 4 business got there too late. I'm the bosses fall guy, he friend's up, and it's all my fault.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm getting suspended tomorrow for running orion at 90%. I had 2 late air which wasn't orion's fault, just too much air, and missed 4 business got there too late. I'm the bosses fall guy, he friend's up, and it's all my fault.

You admit the airs weren't Orions fault, and that you got to business stops too late, why the hell is this in this thread?

You could start a thread titled "I had late airs, and missed 4 commercial stops, why am I suspended?!?!?!?!"

Yes, use their systems and methods to sceew them, but at the same time use your head so as to not screw the customer.

It's a balancing act

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The person you're delivering it to is the consignee and couldn't be further from the customer if it tried. The "customer" couldn't care less when it was delivered unless they specify air or a SADER account or whatever they're called these days and have guaranteed delivery times. If we try pleasing consignees we won't get :censored2: done. If we can service them, great. Otherwise we work as directed. Either way, ORION percentages have fallen out of favor over here. If you can beat the miles and stay under 100 clicks overallowed they say nothing.

ymelord

superballs I don't have to worry about admitting anything I told center manager before I left I had too much air his answer was he had no one to help. I only care about things I have control over.

andrsnbkj

Agreed. ...I gave them my version of a 3 day ride. I ran scratch at 72%,74,%,& 76% for 3 days then ran 1.45,1.55, & 1.51 over at 100%. with 3x the backs for 3 days. Then I got the help me out speech from kid supervisor. I asked him which way do you want it ? Never heard another word.
You should of ran 100% never mind trying to run scratch on a 3 day ride.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just wondering if you've seen an uptick in BA's with all the backing this thing wants you to do. I've been following it in the 90's, but when it wants me to perform a K-turn I go to the end of the block or turn around in the T section.
I backed yesterday over 25 times during my first Orion ride. First rule of backing should change to back whenever you can or suppose to, that's why I'm not reciting the dok questions anymore until they're revised.

Rainman

Its all good.
I backed yesterday over 25 times during my first Orion ride. First rule of backing should change to back whenever you can or suppose to, that's why I'm not reciting the dok questions anymore until they're revised.
Don't let the Orion team get you to do something dumb. All they care about is their numbers. They don't care if you back into something and get a crash on your record, it's not their problem. Make them work around you, not you work around them. Your center team tells you not to back if you don't have to, so follow what they say, not the Orion team.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.