ORION and cheaper fuel

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So as anyone who has had the pleasure of being on Orion can tell you, it's not at all the success that UPS has lead people to believe. So with that said we can in some cases, not all, say that there has been a moderate reduction in mileage. Well from what I've seen that reduction has come at a cost of lower SPORH and an enormous increase in residential backs, which as we all know are our number one accident.
So my question then, is there a threshold that cost of Orion is out pacing any would be profit gained by the minimal reduction in mileage. Between any and all wages associated with the workforce, cost of backing accidents, and of course the added conundrum of drastically lower fuel costs. Is there a point at which ORION is a liability that even management will be forced to admit?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We've unofficially been told to follow but when it's not applicable don't. Sorry trying to follow Orion and pick pocket the trace as I go isn't happening. It's harder to do that then to just follow EDD or Orion. My approach is that I either follow Orion or I don't. Problem is though that we were told last week that as of October our only choice is Orion. So either they fix it(holding breath) or we suffer.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I followed ORION 100% today and went over 9.5 with 78 stops. Third time this week I'm over 9 1/2 hours and will be added to the list tomorrow.
Had I run my route in my own order I most likely would have finished in around 8.75 hours.
ORION has significantly decreased my stop count on a daily basis and for that I am happy.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I followed ORION 100% today and went over 9.5 with 78 stops. Third time this week I'm over 9 1/2 hours and will be added to the list tomorrow.
Had I run my route in my own order I most likely would have finished in around 8.75 hours.
ORION has significantly decreased my stop count on a daily basis and for that I am happy.
I know it's great isn't it. I've been 9.5 since last year and it's been great ever since. That's my point, since Orion my friend and I always say the new UPS with Orion is "Work less get paid more". Completely the opposite of the UPS I came up in.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A) ORION should have always been used as a tool, not a final outcome.

B) Anyone who has used a GPS unit knows that the shortest distance is almost NEVER the fastest distance (especially on a 150 stop route)

C) My truck goes 6 mpg. Even if i drove 6 more miles than Orion says, it cost them $1.50. You have already cut routes, hired less drivers, paying me $34/hr to be out there for 10 hours and your going to bitch and cry about $1.50 !!!!!!!! STFU

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I log in close to 170 miles a day, I knew this system was bogus when they expected a flat number in mile reduction and not percentage. I argued a guy in the city is not gonna have the same ability as rual routes do at shaving miles. You would of thought I was Steve Jobs inventing the iPhone in the way these Jack wagons looked at me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So as anyone who has had the pleasure of being on Orion can tell you, it's not at all the success that UPS has lead people to believe. So with that said we can in some cases, not all, say that there has been a moderate reduction in mileage. Well from what I've seen that reduction has come at a cost of lower SPORH and an enormous increase in residential backs, which as we all know are our number one accident.
So my question then, is there a threshold that cost of Orion is out pacing any would be profit gained by the minimal reduction in mileage. Between any and all wages associated with the workforce, cost of backing accidents, and of course the added conundrum of drastically lower fuel costs. Is there a point at which ORION is a liability that even management will be forced to admit?
2014 called. They want their thread back.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We were told today to not badly about Orion to the customers. So my question is, what do I tell the customers when they ask why I'm delivering at 3pm when I used to be there at 10am???