Orion and time allowance's

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our PCM this morning was primarily about Orion trace with a strong "hint" that those who are nowhere near 85% had best step it up or discipline could follow. They also talked about the amount of time that our bulkhead doors are open during the day. One driver had his open for 172 minutes while another averaged 4.4 seconds per stop.

But you only have to concern yourself with it for two more weeks.

35years

Gravy route
Our PCM this morning was primarily about Orion trace with a strong "hint" that those who are nowhere near 85% had best step it up or discipline could follow. They also talked about the amount of time that our bulkhead doors are open during the day. One driver had his open for 172 minutes while another averaged 4.4 seconds per stop.
Idle threats.
They did the same thing here.
When the first warning letter was issued the B.A. instructed everyone to run ORION 100% no mater what. Two days of late NDA, missed business stops etc. put an end to the ORION compliance threats.

BUCN85

Idle threats.
They did the same thing here.
When the first warning letter was issued the B.A. instructed everyone to run ORION 100% no mater what. Two days of late NDA, missed business stops etc. put an end to the ORION compliance threats.
I don't think that would fly here...I have had Orion set up to delv post offices and other businesses after 6pm. And I tell the sups and the response I get is get there before they close. So often times it is still on us to make service whether Orion is set up that way or not. Many times I find myself having to cherry pick businesses that I know I wouldn't be there till after 5. What a pain

billman1968

I have just ran 100% compliance first time ever( but ran 2 hours over) and yet I was pulled in office cause of a new report that says my time walking up to a house and scanning my pkge and my walk back to truck didn't match. I laughed and walked saying when u get something real then we will talk

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have just ran 100% compliance first time ever( but ran 2 hours over) and yet I was pulled in office cause of a new report that says my time walking up to a house and scanning my pkge and my walk back to truck didn't match. I laughed and walked saying when u get something real then we will talk

Did you scan the package in the car?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Try as I may, I can never find the patience to run Orion anywhere near 100%. I would love to see a warning letter issued over it. God help the company if we all ran it 100%

BrownTexas

I would think that running any percentage other than 100% should easily be defeated. It's simple, I'm just a pkg delivery person. Unless this diad can tell me what my percentage is as I progress through the day, I cannot keep track of it. There are no methods in place to make you keep up with your Orion trace.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Orion compliance and over allowed are not in any way shape or form related.

Boulevard859710

If ORION is as perfect as they claim why do they still have RDO in the board?! It's a freaking joke. I turned it off completely and even ran a misload and still came in 4 miles under.

underworked1

If your still worrying about Orion, you just living life wrong. The first thing I do in the morning is hit "RDO".
Almost every route I run the initial orion is great. Once I get done with air I run it my own way though. But typically start till 10:30 is good and in subdivisions it runs well.

underworked1

There isn't a whole lot we can play with in regards to ORION. The planned day and overallowed are pretty easy to mess with, ORION, not so much. It can be done, but on a center wide level it's very tough because of the limited time we have to run the solutions.
Orion is :censored2:ed. If every driver in the US ran 100 percent ups would be in a world of :censored2:.