Orion and time allowance's

underworked1

I think my point is being missed.
My question is if they are playing with the Orion numbers they show us in the morning I feel that is both a safety and an integrity issue. I was just wondering if this is a company wide thing or is it just my building playing with numbers.
Management has no integrity. I've seen them sheet packages in ways that would have a driver filled permantely. They also fudge a lot of numbers

BUCN85

How is it screwing the customer? Resi gets delivery by end of day and business by 5. If they want their package before a certain time, we have shipping options that guarantee time delivery...like air or saver.
Yes businesses are supposed to be off by 5. But on most of the routes I have run if you did follow Orion you would be missing businesses because it wants you there at 6pm. This is where you have to run it your own way and break trace anyways. I don't know about other centers but at ours Orion has not taken into consideration putting all commercial stops before 5.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Those with ORION, did you guys have a pre-install meeting? It was said in ours that we need to let them know things like business closing times, businesses that have a set delivery window, etc. They even want us to list our SADR accounts, even though I thought the system should provide that for them. They can then go in and "force overide", or something so as to have ORION plan to get those off early, similar to what it must do with air. Anyone give them this list and not see the promised adjustments?

My Center is in the process of having ORION installed. They began shadow rides with some drivers yesterday, Thursday. However, I am scheduled to begin feeder training Monday, and so hope to more or less dodge the orion bullet, save for a small window in late September - early October.

Those with ORION, did you guys have a pre-install meeting? It was said in ours that we need to let them know things like business closing times, businesses that have a set delivery window, etc. They even want us to list our SADR accounts, even though I thought the system should provide that for them. They can then go in and "force overide", or something so as to have ORION plan to get those off early, similar to what it must do with air. Anyone give them this list and not see the promised adjustments?

My Center is in the process of having ORION installed. They began shadow rides with some drivers yesterday, Thursday. However, I am scheduled to begin feeder training Monday, and so hope to more or less dodge the orion bullet, save for a small window in late September - early October.
Good luck brother.

Overpaid Union Thug

How is it screwing the customer? Resi gets delivery by end of day and business by 5. If they want their package before a certain time, we have shipping options that guarantee time delivery...like air or saver.
Really? You expect commercial customers to pay a premium just to get the service they had already gotten for decades at the standard rate? LOL! That attitude is what's driving customers away. The post below explains why. And commercial areas should be taken care of early like they had been for a century before ORION was implemented.

Yes businesses are supposed to be off by 5. But on most of the routes I have run if you did follow Orion you would be missing businesses because it wants you there at 6pm. This is where you have to run it your own way and break trace anyways. I don't know about other centers but at ours Orion has not taken into consideration putting all commercial stops before 5.

S

selfcancelsignal

Really? You expect commercial customers to pay a premium just to get the service they had already gotten for decades at the standard rate? LOL! That attitude is what's driving customers away. The post below explains why. And commercial areas should be taken care of early like they had been for a century before ORION was implemented.
Yep. 1st post sounds like management.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Most of the time in the car, the rest of the time on the way to the delivery point.

But your previous post said we're not allowed to scan in the car. I'm confused.

I usually scan the bigger items while I am still in the car. I will set it on the floor in the cab, get out, scan it, put my DIAD in my back pocket (I don't wear a pouch) and then I had both hands available to grab the package. Or pile of packages.

El Correcto

god is dead
But your previous post said we're not allowed to scan in the car. I'm confused.

I usually scan the bigger items while I am still in the car. I will set it on the floor in the cab, get out, scan it, put my DIAD in my back pocket (I don't wear a pouch) and then I had both hands available to grab the package. Or pile of packages.
If we are not allowed to scan packages in the car, what would be the proper methods of handing off packages to customers who come running when you honk the horn..?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Time allowances were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place. They were intended to create a "standard" that can only be met by working off of the clock...which is the basis for UPS's entire business model.
ORION changed nothing. It simply makes an already hard job even harder. If you were overallowed before, you will be even more overallowed if you try to follow ORION.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I followed ORION I would have missed business stops on the car at 10:00 at night...after I had run out of fuel.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If I followed ORION I would have missed business stops on the car at 10:00 at night...after I had run out of fuel.

I follow it 97-100%. If you run it with Orion off. You are training the computer to run your route the most efficient way. Come 2018. We will all be live. Meaning any monkey can follow your route. And you trained them. Because you don't think Orion is better than you. Give them the way you run it. You give away your job. Union has lost its strike power. I am begged to not follow it. I have no incentive to not follow it. I make more. So I just say " no thanks."

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I don't know if that's necessarily true. For instance, the time allowance to stop car, unbuckle seat belt and open bulkhead door is 11 secs. To grab one package is an additional 7 secs, and each additional package on top of that is an additional 5 secs. Nothing seems impossible about those numbers, and while there will be instances where you might not beat the 11 seconds (seat belt or door doesn't open right away), more often than not you could probably beat that standard. Same thing with package selection. You'll have your 4 40lb boxes you aren't getting out of the car in 30 seconds, but then you'll have 3 QVC boxes that will be done in 15.

11 seconds to walk each 11ft section; if you happen to do a mini sort, 15 or 22 seconds (I forget which). Time allowances used to be based somewhat on reality.

Not sure what they are based on now. Some I do, like they supposedly decreased the time allowed to open the bulkhead door by 4 seconds because supposedly the push button door saves us that much time. Often however, the door will not open all the way, if it unlatches at all, and really no time is saved. Who knows what other little goodies are in there.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have been told in my area that the last 2 plus years accidents and injuries have increased, now what happened 2 plus years ago that changed?????

Only thing that has changed is drivers fall for the Orion hype. Which. will increase their stop counts. Follow Orion and make bank. They have to adjust the numbers for you. Not the other way around

oldngray

nowhere special
Our center averages a 92% trace and over allowed and cars on road are below last year's pre Orion numbers.
clapping-computer.gif