Orion and time allowance's

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Better system or less packages?
We've actually tweaked it in center instead of ignoring it. The problem isn't ORION, as a system it's not bad (it's not by any means fantastic either), it's the lack of training on how to fix issues. Most of my learning on it has been trial and error. Packages were up 5% in January and February, flat so far this month.

We've actually tweaked it in center instead of ignoring it. The problem isn't ORION, as a system it's not bad (it's not by any means fantastic either), it's the lack of training on how to fix issues. Most of my learning on it has been trial and error. Packages were up 5% in January and February, flat so far this month.
And no time allowances for oversized 68 pounders

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Shh....just pay me.
dHUvu7I.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
Try as I may, I can never find the patience to run Orion anywhere near 100%.

That is what I find.

I start the day telling myself, 'Today, I will run 100%.' Then I lose my patience after NDA is done and starting thinking about what time I really want to finish and if running 100% to prove a point is worth it.

Friday, I broke trace for 1 business only. I was 4 clicks short of 11 hours and ran more miles than I ever ran on the route I was covering.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
That is what I find.

I start the day telling myself, 'Today, I will run 100%.' Then I lose my patience after NDA is done and starting thinking about what time I really want to finish and if running 100% to prove a point is worth it.

Friday, I broke trace for 1 business only. I was 4 clicks short of 11 hours and ran more miles than I ever ran on the route I was covering.

LMMFAO

underworked1

Really? You expect commercial customers to pay a premium just to get the service they had already gotten for decades at the standard rate? LOL! That attitude is what's driving customers away. The post below explains why. And commercial areas should be taken care of early like they had been for a century before ORION was implemented.
Commercial is guaranteed by 5. Nothing more nothing less. They know this, and have known it prior to orion. Obviously if you were getting your deliveries at 9 am everyday and started getting them at 2 pm you'd not be happy, but that person paid no more than the guy who used to get them at 2 pm and now sometimes gets them at 9. They paid the same amount so one shouldn't get guaranteed time time delivery.

Last edited:

underworked1

Our center averages a 92% trace and over allowed and cars on road are below last year's pre Orion numbers.
If we ran orion, it would be a :censored2: show. We have guys on rural routes beating orion by 40+ miles every day by doing it their own way. Orion here will send you to a town for 10 stops, then to another town, then back to previous town for some stops, then back to 2nd town. It is a complete failure on a route greater than 100 miles.

govols019

You smell that?
If we ran orion, it would be a :censored2: show. We have guys on rural routes beating orion by 40+ miles every day by doing it their own way. Orion here will send you to a town for 10 stops, then to another town, then back to previous town for some stops, then back to 2nd town. It is a complete failure on a route greater than 100 miles.

Ran a split route the other day that Orion did that to, I just laughed and worked as directed. 98% Orion trace.

CharleyHustle

Our center averages a 92% trace and over allowed and cars on road are below last year's pre Orion numbers.

You do realize there is no way to verify any of those numbers? Just as there is no way to verify that soberups would get done after 10 if he followed ORION. So, what can be verified? How about this, do hourly employees have any input as to how any of these numbers are calculated? I would say that is a verifiable "NO".

Overpaid Union Thug

Commercial is guaranteed by 5. Nothing more nothing less. They know this, and have known it prior to orion. Obviously if you were getting your deliveries at 9 am everyday and started getting them at 2 pm you'd not be happy, but that person paid no more than the guy who used to get them at 2 pm and now sometimes gets them at 9. They paid the same amount so one shouldn't get guaranteed time time delivery.
It's not about service level. It's about customer service and common sense. Commercial areas have always had priority because they typically close mid/late afternoon. Resis don't close. It's common sense to run a route in a way they accounts for that. And that's what we've been doing did over a decade.

But lately the company has adopted your attitude and doesn't seem to care about common sense or customer service. And that's a dangerous attitude to have when there's competitors trying to steal market share by undercutting us. With your attitude they don't need to steal it. We are handing it to them on a silver platter.

35years

Gravy route
If I followed ORION I would have missed business stops on the car at 10:00 at night...after I had run out of fuel.
Sober..

You have to try it. It is hilarious. Run 100% except for service failures. I did it for months when they threatened me with disciple for not using it.

I had to get gas more than once on their dime. I have run 60+ miles over projected at 98% trace. They finally broke down and asked me repeatedly not to run ORION even after they worked on fixing it for 6+ months. Every "ORION solution" they used would correct one problem and create a new one.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Sober..

You have to try it. It is hilarious. Run 100% except for service failures. I did it for months when they threatened me with disciple for not using it.

I had to get gas more than once on their dime. I have run 60+ miles over projected at 98% trace. They finally broke down and asked me repeatedly not to run ORION even after they worked on fixing it for 6+ months. Every "ORION solution" they used would correct one problem and create a new one.

Discipline? How? It is their system. How can they discipline the way they want it done

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
One issue with the 85% is how do you know where you are during the day? There is nothing in the DIAD telling us our trace % as we go.
So when they do bring people in the office telling them their trace % is to low they really cant do much to us, until we know where we stand during the day all they can do is yell about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

One issue with the 85% is how do you know where you are during the day? There is nothing in the DIAD telling us our trace % as we go.
So when they do bring people in the office telling them their trace % is to low they really cant do much to us, until we know where we stand during the day all they can do is yell about it.
I think they really expect us to park ourselves in front of the ORION computers every morning and stare at the trace maps (off the clock) until we've memorized them. I laugh at the guys that actually do that. Gutless bastards. I'd have to be getting paid to do that.