Orion Compliance

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Now that peak is over they've started cramming orion down our throats again this week. Has anyone had any luck in convincing your center manager to let you run it your way instead?

Two days ago my on-car said "you gotta run orion. The guy above the DM just had a big meeting with us about it." I again told him how broken and retarded the orion dispatches were on that route but he insisted. I ran Orion's broken ass plan and came in at 9pm 20 miles over what orion thought it would take and only deviated from trace to avoid service failures and for pickups. Yesterday morning the on car pulled me into the office after pcm and said you did too good with orion. I was like WTF? Do you want me to follow it or not? He said he knows it is broken but needs me to use it anyway and to make it look good. I told him I can either run the route efficiently like a well oiled machine using my head or I can use Orion but that I was not going to stress about a percentage range if he was going to force me to use it and would follow it fully. He said I didn't have to follow orion if I could beat the miles it thought it should take. I pointed out that following orion the day before 98% still put me 20 miles over so the mileage was a fantasy and not real world obtainable numbers so he said I had to stick with orion for now. I said okay but again reminded him that I won't be pretending it works properly. He just stood there so I walked away and will be following Orion stop for stop and laughing all the way to the bank.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UPSGUY72

The people that run the orion program are trying to get rid of the +/- 15 pick up compliance as it screws up everything..... Orion is only as good as the people that program the routes once you start add / cuts everything goes to crap.

They run Orion at two of the building in my area that run 20-26 routes on any given day and the one of the ORS said that they need to have three different programs for the building one best case scenario, one worse case and one in the middle...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I had my Orion drive in November. Volume was up so I had a tight route.
Now with a lighter load and add/cuts to boot, I have to think and work harder to make sense of it
I've been keeping my miles under the suggested Orion miles so no target on my back.......YET

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Thanks for creating this thread again. Work as instructed, move on.
I see why people have you on ignore. This isn't another generic orion thread. It's specifically to see if people have been able to get permission not to use it. Kthanksbye.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We are scheduled to get it this year and i'm going to be 100% in trace every day. This is the new UPS and it's no longer my job to manage the route as this is done by people in cubicles in Atlanta with ME degrees . My job is to follow the plan they implement and to work safely and by the methods. My stress level will go WAY down,as i will no longer have to make decisions that I may have to answer to.

S

selfcancelsignal

ORION has yet to make it to our center. The question that keeps popping up in my head is does it work good on rural or split routes if you can walk down the middle of your pc & your shelves aren't too loaded up & in a good order, or is it just crappy all the time?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The people that run the orion program are trying to get rid of the +/- 15 pick up compliance as it screws up everything..... Orion is only as good as the people that program the routes once you start add / cuts everything goes to crap.

They run Orion at two of the building in my area that run 20-26 routes on any given day and the one of the ORS said that they need to have three different programs for the building one best case scenario, one worse case and one in the middle...
Removing the 15+- would make sense however that wouldn't work for the businesses that close early or want a very specific pickup time. The software needs to plan the route in a way that minimizes travel for breaking off for pickups by calculating accurately where the driver will be when the pickup window hits.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I can't wait for it. I only run 31 miles per day at the present time. I'm dying to see how many missed businesses it's going to take to get me to 29 miles per day.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1390016417.577982.jpg

Just an example of orion

I really don't care who knows who I am. I deliver boxes for a living. My point was just to show the guys and girls who haven't seen it know what they will be dealing with.

I've been working with my sups on fixing it, but the system really controls it all. I wish all you guys luck when it gets implemented in your center. Sorry Cosmo, I didn't know I did anything wrong showing that. Anyhow, hope you guys have a great weekend!!