Orion Compliance

Ouch

Okay so run it by orion.
Bring back 20 to 30 missed everyday.
get on the 9.5 list.
File for 9.5 penalties.
Enjoy your money when you go on vacation.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So far, in our district, ORION has done nothing more than ADD hours and extend workdays, along with adding more miles to cover off areas that still plague the PAS system because UPS wont fix the software that generates the labels.

UPS has wasted millions of dollars on this system and UPS will ride this horse all the way to higher costs before it realizes it screwed up.

TOS.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
That's what I told them when they said " You don't have to be 100% just 85%." I said well how many times can I deviate from the plan and know that I am going to attain 85%, they didn't have answer so 100% it is.

I'll be employing that same strategy. I'm not spending my lunch doing long division to see if I hit THEIR number.

browniehound

The program will ultimately fail as does every other program UPS introduces.

TOS.

I would agree with most of what you said but not all UPS programs fail. In 1907 they introduced this package delivery program that still exists today. I would call that a success. Orion is another story though no matter what "spin" you hear on it through the UPS publications, UPS.com, UPSers.com, or a newspaper article with a headline like "UPS uses technology to maximize efficiency and minimize the miles driven". I chuckle at that.

porkwagon

They may bust your chops and ask you to work on it but no discipline for not being 85 percent. Says my BA. Running NDAs will not affect ORION trace. Or when you are doing stops on a particular street, you can do them in any order and it will not break trace. I normally have between 185-215 stops daily give or take. So on most days if I break trace 30 times I'm still 85. I don't really follow it, I normally line up about 20 at a time on a shelf and bang em out after bulk and air is off. Like I've always done. Late in the day when doing resis, I'll follow it closer if I think it makes sense when things are easier to find. Some days I'm over 90 percent. Sometimes 80. I'm never spoken to about it although at the pcm they say how we did as a center. Been on ORION since April.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The LAST persons to listen to about ORION are the Business agents. They know NOTHING about the system or how its being implemented. Just like they knew nothing about Telematics after the 2008 contract where they went around telling everyone that Telematics was only going to be used for safety.

The business agents dont have the first clue what orion is, or how it works. They only know some basics from what they have heard.

Just wait until the new contract is ratified, you will see a :censored2:storm of discipline stories coming out of all the centers.... then ask your business agent what they are going to do about it.

TOS.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I plan on running it 100%. Not for me to think anymore. One stop at a time. As Tos has mentioned. This new contract sucks. It the next contract after. Then they can use monkeys to deliver a box

browniehound

If orion adds 1 mile or 1 back it will be an absolute FAILURE. Backing is the most dangerous act a driver can perform , or so i was told. i was also told at hire that my job as a professional driver was to del all my pkgs in the LEAST amount of miles. btw, how much did this program cost??
More backs will be the least of your problems

JackStraw

UPS is looking 20 years down the road with this. We will perfect it, they will then try getting someone off the street to deliver at a much lower cost. They are very patient.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPS is looking 20 years down the road with this. We will perfect it, they will then try getting someone off the street to deliver at a much lower cost. They are very patient.

They aint looking 20 down the road. They looking at 5 years. Stay tuned. Help them, help yourself out of a job.

TOS.

govols019

You smell that?
While I don't disagree with that statement, I also think this system was implemented because of the lack of critical thinking displayed by the drivers of the future. Most of the new drivers we've had in the last few years would be lost without google maps on their phones. I swear, most of them can't read a map.

Notretiredyet

Had my first ORION related service failure on Friday and it's not even here yet. IE has been playing with the sequence numbers of my NDA pkgs, had one loaded in the 1900seq pkgs of my brick loaded 12 cube and couldn't get to it till after commit. Apparently they think I can get to that point in my day by commit, in reality it's more like noon. This is gonna be interesting.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I really don't care who knows who I am. I deliver boxes for a living. My point was just to show the guys and girls who haven't seen it know what they will be dealing with.
He has a point though. Since we're not supposed to post pictures of ups operational stuff and Spargercrest Drive only exists in one town in the entire country it may be a good idea to ask the mods to allow you to edit the photo to blur out the street names or delete it.