ORION discipline

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Dr.Brown, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Have any of you been aware of it?
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

What is it?
  3. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

You can't be disciplined for Orion violations. They can make something else up to discipline you for. Check out new technology language in new contract

Sent using BrownCafe App
  4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Maybe not directly, but they can say "We instructed you to follow Orion, you didn't do it, so you're getting a warning letter for failure to follow instructions."
  5. Ron Carey lives on

Like I said, they can make up something else to discipline you for???

Sent using BrownCafe App
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Drivers are truly STUPID when it comes to this issue. They argue they are not following ORION because it makes no sense. Just follow ORION and shut up. If you have missed business, Oh well you were working as directed. Man some of the battles you guys choose are just retarded.
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • List
  7. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Inde, why Is it so hard for people to understand that if you follow their rules you win. I never have understood that.
  8. Ron Carey lives on

Well some drivers try to take of customers (service stops) they have had for over 20 years. When ORION is telling them to go deliver a qvc package. You are right though, the best thing to do is just follow it. Have your customers call the center later and ask why am I getting my packages two hours later after 20 years of business

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'm totally with you. Problem is the company is telling drivers only to run 85%. They know it's a messed up system. So the drivers following 95%+ are getting chewed out for performance and over miles.

They are begging drivers to find the sweet spot. Which is funny that's what every driver did in their own before Orion.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Agreed. If UPS threatens a driver for using common sense instead of trying to meet some arbitrary metric, then shut off brain and follow ORION 100%.
  11. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

was told you're supposed to break off to make business stops.

There's a driver on working termination because of Orion.

The suspension has gone to local panel to later be heard in Dallas, then last Friday they hit him with the working termination
  12. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

And there it is....... Eureka!
  13. Theking30

Theking30 SHORTY

100% minus any stops that will cause service failures. Averaging 98.5%. Pretty sweet. Yes customers are not happy, but when it comes to my job or the customer. I think I choose my job.
  14. undies

undies Active Member

A driver was running Orion as close to 100% everyday and was getting killed on over allowed. Finally he was told to run it his way until they "fix" Orion on his route.
  15. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

When they start to seriously discipline for Orion....drivers won't be able to turn Orion off in their boards...
  16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

working termination is pretty serious
  17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

18. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

In my 25 plus yrs. Haven't seen one driver fired with a working termination. The union and Ups will make some deal on a couple grievances. Then will be gone. I will follow the damn thing 100%. All businesses are off by 4pm.
  19. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have never followed ORION and never been threatened or talked to about my failure to do so. The simple reality for me is that following ORION would cause me to run out of fuel.
  20. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

^^^^^THIS!!!/end thread
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List