ORION discipline

By The Book

I have never followed ORION and never been threatened or talked to about my failure to do so. The simple reality for me is that following ORION would cause me to run out of fuel.
I was curious as to your trace percentage when you don't follow Orion. Some routes when ran in edd have a high trace percentage due to the fact their dol was very accurate.

Driver7906

Orion is a failed investment on the company's part. They will never admit that but it's the truth. They wasted millions on it, if not billions. I will never use it or follow it.

By The Book

Orion is a failed investment on the company's part. They will never admit that but it's the truth. They wasted millions on it, if not billions. I will never use it or follow it.
It's really not that bad. Use it, break to make service on air, use it, break for pickups, use it, break for 5'oclock business. Use it on the rest and you should be fine on your trace percentage. I know it was all getting done before without a hitch but you can make it worse for yourself if you dictate terms on this one.

Driver7906

it doesn't run in order at all on my route. If I have multiple stops on a residential street, it would have me do one stop on that street, leave and do stops in another neighborhood and go back and do the rest of my stops on that street. It's absolutely stupid. If it ever gets fixed I'll use it but I don't anticipate that happening.

By The Book

it doesn't run in order at all on my route. If I have multiple stops on a residential street, it would have me do one stop on that street, leave and do stops in another neighborhood and go back and do the rest of my stops on that street. It's absolutely stupid. If it ever gets fixed I'll use it but I don't anticipate that happening.
Trust me I know it makes sense less than it should. When your Orion rider was with you did you follow it and do it their way or did you do it your way and explain why? Did you get the intent of my post? It was to simplify it so you don't over think it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was curious as to your trace percentage when you don't follow Orion. Some routes when ran in edd have a high trace percentage due to the fact their dol was very accurate.

I set up my dol. They didn't fix it. They said "we need you to follow trace ". I did a dol again. I will not do it again. If they threw out the last 2 I filled out , too bad for them. I will follow it 100%. When the Orion guy goes with me I will say nothing. He can set it up the way he sees it. I really don't care. I am not going to set up a route for them. I believe it's bull that they need to ride with you. To trip over them for a full week. If I don't get 8 hr days to do it. He better be ready for some late nights. Ka ching. Show me the money. When they think. I make more

I try to follow Orion, but it takes to much time and energy. Saved over an hour and about 28 miles on Friday by turning it off. And only crossed the vehicle a hand full of times instead of about 40. That's a safety issue UPS should address.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I feel so ashamed, so dirty, so used. They came into our building promising all these wonderful things, put Orion into operation. Promised things would get better. Then left like a thief in the night. No goodbyes, no "ill give you a call", no "ill see you around" Just gone, LOL Now maybe things will get back to normal, that was bad enough.

I feel so ashamed, so dirty, so used. They came into our building promising all these wonderful things, put Orion into operation. Promised things would get better. Then left like a thief in the night. No goodbyes, no "ill give you a call", no "ill see you around" Just gone, LOL Now maybe things will get back to normal, that was bad enough.
Sounds like a one night stand. and you have to do the walk of shame!:blushing2:

Driver7906

Trust me I know it makes sense less than it should. When your Orion rider was with you did you follow it and do it their way or did you do it your way and explain why? Did you get the intent of my post? It was to simplify it so you don't over think it.

When I had an Orion rider with me a few years ago, I was still a utility driver and was doing a route that I didn't know well so following EDD was much more logical. I showed him the errors and why following EDD made more sense. He didn't have an argument for me so we did it my way. The ride was pretty much useless.
I totally get the intent of your post. My numbers still show at least 80% trace followed and most of the time I come in under miles allowed so they don't really bother me about it.

barnyard

KTM rider
The fact that the people that developed Orion tell drivers that they can beat Orion mileage, tells me that not only is Orion poorly done, the developers know it.

BOXDONKEY

Drivers are truly STUPID when it comes to this issue. They argue they are not following ORION because it makes no sense. Just follow ORION and shut up. If you have missed business, Oh well you were working as directed. Man some of the battles you guys choose are just retarded.
What he said