Orion!!! DRIVERS HELP!!

Union guy

Just wondering if anyone has filed on Orion system yet on making your miles or staying in trace they are now disqualifying new drivers for miles and trace if anyone has filed plz let me no the outcome if u won I would love to have the grievance number and location and date plz help!

jaker

trolling
Is it all drivers our just one , it should be a easy fight

Orion doesn't care about schools or business hours and commit times , so you have to break trace because it is still our responsibility to make sure those are done

That right there is your main argument , then you have misloads and helping someone with a pickup

Orion doesn't care about schools or business hours and commit times , so you have to break trace because it is still our responsibility to make sure those are done

That right there is your main argument , then you have misloads and helping someone with a pickup
If you are trying to qualify, they can make up just about any reason

barnyard

KTM rider
I thought (I read it here...) the only DQ that a person could grieve when qualifying was not being on the same route for their qualification period.

I would suggest, if you are still qualifying and a supe tells you to follow Orion, follow it. Break trace only for business and commits, then go right back to trace. If a supe says something the next day, respond, "You told me to follow Orion. I did. What would you suggest??" and then do not say anything, do not suggest an answer, be silent and wait for a reply. Have your shop steward with you for this conversation.

Union guy

all Trainey' are being disqualified for going over miles now and now they are starting to call regular drivers in the office that's why I wanted to no if there is a decision out there on this matter

I thought (I read it here...) the only DQ that a person could grieve when qualifying was not being on the same route for their qualification period.

I would suggest, if you are still qualifying and a supe tells you to follow Orion, follow it. Break trace only for business and commits, then go right back to trace. If a supe says something the next day, respond, "You told me to follow Orion. I did. What would you suggest??" and then do not say anything, do not suggest an answer, be silent and wait for a reply. Have your shop steward with you for this conversation.
And again, not the whole story I'm sure

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
all Trainey' are being disqualified for going over miles now and now they are starting to call regular drivers in the office that's why I wanted to no if there is a decision out there on this matter
They are pulling drivers in the office here for not following it 100%. Is this not a technological advancement not discussed in the current contract? And, if we are told to follow trace 100% but break to get biz and commits off, at what point do you return to trace if you have biz and commits all throughout the day? Do you do each and every biz and each and every commit first, which on some routes, would entail pretty much unloading complete sections and shelves of the truck.

These are all things that need to addressed in the next contract (not that there is any true consistency with policies or procedures at UPS) but until then I can't see how they can discipline drivers for not following Orion.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
orion.gif

dudebro

You've been good about being truthful to us, don't start lying now! You know damn well everything in the world revolves around IE and their decisions.

Everything about planned time and planned staffing does. Actual people decisions have nothing to do with IE.

e.g. IE was involved in the decision for the center to have 85 assigned drivers.

IE doesn't tell that center that driver Harry Balls is, or isn't, one of those 85.